DO YOU BELIEVE?
Do you believe sleep is the foundation of success in life?
Do you believe an afternoon nap is better than coffee?
Do you believe in being effective rather than looking busy?
Do you believe in choosing cooperation over competition?
Do you believe in showing gratitude every single day?
Do you believe and resonate with our core values?
List of values: http://bit.ly/2vQ9IMP
If so, this could be an amazing opportunity for you!
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a passionate, creative, and dependable Industrial Designer / Soft Goods Designer to help us become the #1 sleep accessories brand.
We need someone who:
Is a self-starter and can get things done without hand-holding.
Has excellent aesthetic sense and technical design skills.
Has a successful track record of delivering projects on-time and on-budget.
Is dependable and has experience bringing designs to mass production.
WHO WE ARE
Vansburg is the parent company of several category-winning consumer product brands, including Manta Sleep.
At Vansburg, we believe people will experience joy and satisfaction working in an environment that has a clear direction, strong values, minimal bureaucracy, and that fosters appreciation, recognition, learning, and growth.
We believe when people are in this environment, we’re able to create something truly cool and beautiful together.
Through Vansburg’s primary consumer-facing brand, Manta Sleep, we believe sleep is the foundation of everything good that happens in life, so we work to empower light sleepers to sleep better and do more.
You can find out more information at:
WHAT YOU’RE DOING
Your main task will be to create innovative products that help people sleep better.
From first ideas, over sketches, building simple mock-up models and 2D drawings, all the way to finished 3D designs, renderings, and documentation for mass production.
Develop new products
- You participate in the entire development process, from design research and initial insights through form definition, feature development, user testing, CMF details and the creation of detailed documentation for production
- You collaborate with other design disciplines (design research, engineering, graphic design, production, etc.) and across other functions within the company (supply chain, marketing, consumer experience, communications, etc.)
- You create physical and visual assets throughout the entire design and development process: sketching, creating prototypes, 3D CAD modeling, renderings and detailed design drawings
Incremental improvements of existing products
- You are also involved to constantly refine and improve our existing products, always looking for the highest possible product quality and customer happiness.
Someone with an exceptional aesthetic sense
- You are passionate about design and have a strong grasp of current visual trends.
- You are highly creative and practical. Your designs are both beautiful and functional.
Someone who has superb attention to details
- You are someone who pays attention to every little detail, not only in your work but in everything you do.
- This is a must-have for this position, and a fundamental core value at Vansburg.
Someone who is organized
- You are highly organized and able to tackle multiple projects at once.
- You are able to keep track of things under tight schedules and stay in control under pressure.
Someone who can get things done
- Training and resources will be provided in your journey, but ultimately we’re looking for someone who can take on a project and get things DONE.
- We need someone who is resourceful, goal-driven, creative, persistent, and can accomplish objectives without much hand-holding.
Someone who is proactive and eager to take on responsibility
- In a small business environment, things come up, and problems need to be solved.
- If you are the kind of person who sits back and thinks “that’s not my responsibility,” then please don’t apply.
Someone who can communicate in Mandarin Chinese and English
- Your English doesn’t have to be perfect. Still, in the office, we mostly speak English, so it’s important that your level is at least good enough to communicate.
Someone with a hands-on working attitude
- You don’t dig sitting behind your computer all day. You don’t mind getting your hands dirty, building stuff, playing around with new ideas and materials.
Someone with a broad toolbox
- You are equally comfortable in sketching as you are in the use of digital tools.
- You have expert knowledge of Adobe CC and Keyshot, and 3D software such as Rhino, Solidworks, or similar.
- Knowledge of a pattern making software such as Clo 3D/Marvellous Designer is a plus.
Someone with a BA in Industrial Design
- You are holding a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design or a similar area.
Someone who genuinely cares about others
- If you are the kind of person that genuinely cares about others, and gives generously of your time and energy in helping others, then we want you on our team.
Your career development will be supported in 3 primary ways at Vansburg:
1. Autonomy - your team leader defines the goal, you decide how to get there.
2. Learning - you will be given regular training and support for whatever else you want to learn.
3. Strength - we believe in maximizing your strengths rather than improving your weaknesses, so your role can be adjusted to leverage what you’re naturally good at.
We believe office politics is destructive, small-minded, and evil.
We believe in fostering cooperation rather than competition.
We believe in open and transparent communication.
We believe in showing appreciation and gratitude every day.
We believe the best ideas should win - not who the ideas came from.
At the end of the day, who better to describe the work culture at Vansburg than our team members?
Here is what some of them have to say:
“My favorite thing about working at Vansburg is the flexibility it offers. We have control over our projects, our learnings, and our work time, which is truly a blessing. ” - Daisy
“We are trusted to get our jobs done however we want to with no micromanagement. I believe this kind of autonomy is rooted in trust. Trust in us to get things done, and trust in knowing that we have the right person for the job.” - Lia
“A culture of mutual respect and safety - we're encouraged to share ideas freely and speak up when we have a different POV, and I think that's very healthy.” - Nadia
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary Range: 40,000 - 60,000 NTD per month (depending on experience).
Bonus Program: Company-wide bonus program.
Starting Vacation Days: 14 days per year.
Open & Transparent Workplace.
Freedom & Control over Your Schedule.
Ownership of Your Work & Creativity.
Training Resources & Continual Development.
If so, we want to talk to you!
***Please ONLY apply using the link below:***
Note: International candidates must hold a valid Taiwan working permit.