A fantastic opportunity to help innovative brands create beautiful things.
We are looking for brilliant talent to join an innovative consultancy team.
If you are an industrial designer with a minimum of three years’ consultancy experience and want to work on great briefs with an enviable list of clients we want to hear from you!
You will have a portfolio of beautiful product design that will speak for itself, a natural temperament for user-centred design research, the ambition to challenge convention order to create game-changing innovation but above all the attention to detail and the love of form sufficient to help clients establish first class design direction.
Whilst this clients work spans many sectors a bias towards consumer electronics and home appliance is a distinct advantage for the right candidate.
In return they will expose you to working with great brands and highly ambitious clients across Europe, US and Japan.
About this opportunity and client:
This well known consultancy has provided user research, disruptive innovation and design direction since their inception in 1987. During this time their business landscape has changed significantly, however there has been one constant, user-centred design and innovation have continually played a critical role in elevating successful companies amongst their rivals.
They are currently working across, user research, product+packaging, user experience and social innovation with a blend of global brands and innovative start-ups.
They are a small but highly motivated design team working with some of the leading global brands.
They have a hands on approach to design with all team members pitching in on projects.
There are shared responsibilities for hitting project deadlines and plenty of opportunities for leading projects and developing skills and capability.
They encourage taking time to visit places where we can gain knowledge/inspiration. So whilst you will have a desk (in their very beautiful, minimal open plan studio) you are certainly not chained to it.
They offer a great location, relaxed but highly motivated environment, and the chance to work on leading edge projects with the most innovative brands.
• three years' design consultancy experience preferred
• the proven ability to create innovative and beautiful product design for consumer markets
• the ability to translate macro trends into design inspiration -can draw effortlessly and beautifully both to communicate and seduce
• Rhino/Alias or NX proficiency up to A-Surface
• very high standards of Keyshot visualisation
• highly articulate and professional communicator
• an effective team player, who is at home working in a small, tight knit team
• experience of user research and ideation practices
• proficient 2D skills – Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
• a strong evidence of successfully applied CMF
• manage projects on a day to day basis and responsible for meeting project deadlines
• permanent position (three month probationary period)
• educated to at least BA Hons level
• minimum three years’ experience (consultancy preferred)
• willing to relocate (no relocation fees will be paid)
• driving licence holder – pool car available
• a generous 28 days holiday a year (excluding all national holidays)
• salary £30,000-£35,000 depending on experience
• £1,000 annual discretionary pay rise. £3,000 salary increase based on professional development objectives every third year
• company pension scheme
• must be eligible for employment in the UK
• successful candidate would start in mid July 2016
• self-initiating and self-motivating
• can fight for their ideas under pressure
• sensitivity to form and detail
• ability to take concepts through every stage of the design process
• strong interest in over-arching design, technology and innovation trends
• thrives in a small team
Application deadline: 24 May 2016
How to apply
If you feel you could make a valuable contribution, please email a CV and Examples of work (.pdf or web) to: [email protected]
I’m afraid we can only reply to successful candidates.
Please mention that you saw this position on lemanoosh Jobs