The Industrial Design department is working in innovation, acquisition, and design for manufacturing. The effectiveness of each of those phases is very much depending on our digital tools and processes due to: constantly increasing speed, new levels of product complexity, system integrated proposals integration of user experiences in our daily work.
The role of this job is to facilitate the global design team to maintain, acquire and align on, best in class digital tools, to: improve process efficiency align perfectly with internal & external customers be top in visual output enable a flexible and strong creative process.
- Work in close loop with the design team driving their 3D skills to improve their visual & creative output using top-notch tools
- High level of skill taking 2D sketches to 3D modeling in polygonal software (Maya, Blender, …).
- Good understanding of Subdivision surface tools (Alias, …).
- High level of 3D rendering creation with Vred and Substance/Patchwork.
- Advanced photographic eye and obsession for details.
- Good understanding of the trends in interactive digital tools (Unity,….)
- Experience providing technical guidance in the development of 3D models.
- Sufficient knowledge in the area of design and diverse model development.
- Network with the internal IT teams
- Work in a dynamic ambitious global team in the middle of the dynamic automotive world.
- Self-driven in the digital world, problems are for you a motivation to search and find solutions.
- Support internal innovations & customer & communication projects with a global reach.
- Be a driver for new tools & way to improve the digital process proposals.
- Lead and organize the 3D software maintenance & upkeep of the studio.
- Connect very strongly to the internal IT organization opening the right ways for the necessary and efficient tool integration
- Excite the team with great visual output and exciting animations
- Manage external surface & modeling resources where necessary
Capabilities & experiences
- Strong communication skills in English
- Automotive experience
- Open to different cultures and willing to travel
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in a design studio/ automotive company and or software development environment on the relevant topics