ACLA Studio is an industrial design studio based in Los Angeles, California.
With our roots in the transportation sector, our primary focus is in aircraft interiors.
The studio team consists of designers who perform a broad spectrum of day to day tasks. We specialize in industrial design, and work on a broad range of projects for clients all over the world. The studio’s strengths come from a culture of collaboration, experimentation, and the diversification of the team’s creative backgrounds. We value work life balance, and the subtle nuances of the individual creative processes that comes with that.
Our design philosophy is rooted in function, practicality, and quality.
Our core values as a studio are to be dependable, creative, thoughtful, uplifting.
Who we are looking for
Our ideal candidate is a designer with 1-4 years of post-graduate experience, educated in Industrial Design, Textiles, Fashion, or a related field. You should have previous CMF experience in relevant design fields such as aviation, interiors, architecture, industrial, product, automotive, hospitality, retail, or transport. We are seeking a capable and motivated individual with a proven track record of delivering projects from concept to production. You should possess the ability to manage client and stakeholder expectations, demonstrating confidence in meeting and presenting to CEOs and executives of global corporations.
What you will be doing
• Ideate, visualize, and develop design proposals for colors, materials, and finishes for our expanding client base, including world-leading airlines.
• Create digital and physical CMF presentations for client review at various stages of the design process.
• Generate stunning visuals of design intent using 2D & 3D software.
• Collaborate and strategize with cross-functional teams and end-product manufacturers to implement the production of final CMF designs.
• Support the CMF Design release process and documentation for active programs.
• Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers and vendors, including independent research to identify new resources, materials, and technologies. Obtain samples and organize them in the CMF materials library.
• Innovative thinker ready to challenge conventions in a start-up culture.
• Proficient in translating brand identity into meaningful and innovative design experiences, showcasing superior vision and a keen eye for detail.
• Ability to manage large and technically complex projects.
• Positive, proactive, and flexible mindset.
• Ability to work independently and outside of your comfort zone.
• Ability to plan, prioritize, and coordinate with the work of others.
• Strong research mindset and curious outlook.
• Technical appreciation and understanding of the manufacturing process.
• Passion for mobility and defining future travel solutions.
• Able to work on projects requiring a multidisciplinary skill set.
• Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
1. Email us an introduction to yourself with a resume and portfolio.
2. Please write ‘leManoosh - CMF designer application’ in your subject for the email and address the email to Matt Cleary
3. All attachments must be in PDF format and in total under 10MB
Full time in our studio in Los Angeles