We are offering a mid-level career opportunity for a Designer to join our Asia Design Team based in Hong Kong. The role will require working with other designers to create innovative collections of hard and soft luggage, soft bags as well as accessories for the various brands in the Samsonite Group's portfolio.
SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Strong sensibility for designing with fabrics and leathers and an understanding of sewing techniques and patternmaking.
* Eye for detail and ability to ensure that the design vision is accurately translated into the manufactured product.
* Good hand sketching skills and the ability to effectively communicate your ideas in a variety of media.
* Able to pro-actively identify and solve problems at various levels during the product development timeline.
* Ability to think and work independently while also being an enthusiastic & vocal team member.
* Manage the research, design and develop phases of travel product collections from start to production.
* Work effectively with colleagues within Samsonite as well as with external suppliers from various countries.
* Follow market trends and be able to select and apply them appropriately to the Samsonite product ranges.
* International travel for research and factory visits is required.
* Able to work in a multi-cultural, pluralistic atmosphere and empathize with people of different cultures and viewpoints.
* Fluency in Adobe Illustrator is a necessity; solid proficiency in Photoshop and 3D software e.g. Rhino is needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* University Degree in Design (Industrial, Textile, Fashion, etc), formal training in Europe design school strongly preferable
* 5+ years’ experience in product design in related industries, experience in multi-brands and premium brands is beneficial
* Working experience in Europe is preferred
* Understanding of Asia consumer taste and needs is preferred
* Excellent written and spoken English is required
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
Please send your Portfolios