About the role
Kinneir Dufort (KD) is a world class User-Centered Innovation and Product Development Consultancy, with a strong track record of creating world-class products and experiences for global clients in the medical, consumer and industrial sectors. We are driven to collectively Design a Better World, achieving positive outcomes for the people we are designing for and generating value for our clients.
We are looking for a Digital Designer to join our team. As a Digital Designer you will be responsible for the design of digital user interfaces and associated experiences for our clients, following a practice of UCD (User Centered Design). Our Digital Design team works alongside our wider design and Insight & Innovation teams and is supported by the Head of Digital. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn and grow as part of an energetic and passionate product design culture.
You may be relatively new to the profession or have a few years’ experience designing digital interfaces/websites or applications and are looking for a new environment and challenge. Either way, you’ll be talented and be able to engage with complex design problems, deliver top quality work and collaborate with our multi-disciplinary team.
Your skills and experience
Whilst you do not need to meet all of these points, please ensure you meet the majority of them before making an application:
• 1 - 3 years professional experience with an undergraduate level degree or equivalent training.
• Portfolio of work demonstrating strong skills in graphic design and prototyping related to the web, native apps and other equivalent digital experiences.
• Some experience of presenting design concepts, prototypes and final designs.
• Workshop participation (including support of planning and facilitation).
• Good time management and a willingness to assist with estimation of design time.
• A pragmatic approach to design tasks and constraints.
• An understanding of software development and coding related to the web and native mobile apps. The ability to code is not required.
• Observation of research and testing related to UCD.
• Practical knowledge of how to measure digital experiences.
• Excellent presentation and listening skills.
• Formal training in a creative discipline, Engineering or Psychology is desirable but not required.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Why work with us?
We offer flexible hybrid working policies in terms of both location and working hours from day one. We operate availability hours so people can start at 9:30am if needed, lunch can be taken between 12:00pm to 2:00pm (in case you want to pop to the gym or attend an appointment), and we offer an early finish on Fridays if you have banked your hours for the week. Colleagues at KD work with a great deal of flexibility which varies across our teams, and working patterns are agreed with our line managers, taking into account the needs of the individual and the team. We trust our people to work from home, although there may be some occasions [and some roles] when working from the office is necessary. Please get in touch with us if you are thinking of applying but would like more information about how our flexible working policy might work for you in this role and how the team work currently.
We recognise that we are only as good as our people and we know how important it is to support our team:
• Performance related company-wide bonus
• Flexible working approaches around our availability hours (which are Monday to Thursday 9:30am to 12:00pm & 2:00pm to 4:00pm and Friday 9:30 to 12:00pm) to help support your work-life balance
• Training and development opportunities which include regular ‘lunch and learn’ sessions and knowledge sharing via internal channels
• Private healthcare for you and your family as well as additional support via our Employee Assistance Programme
• Enhanced Maternity & Paternity leave
• A matched contributory pension scheme
• Additional days holiday for long service (starting at 25 days for full-time colleagues)
• Discounted First Bus monthly and annual passes (Bristol has a good Park & Ride network.)
• Secure in-building bike storage and shower
• Free eye tests
• Join us for our legendary annual Summer and Christmas parties
• The opportunity to become involved in our work with the RSA, Frank Water, Kerning The Gap, TeenTech, Babbasa, and The Big Bang
• Regular opportunities to have your say and share your thoughts on how we can develop as a team and as a business
• Enjoy our café that acts as the focal point for the whole team to get together for morning coffee, lunch and afternoon tea. Cake plays a huge feature in the day-to-day here at KD! There are also plenty of opportunities to socialise outside of the office too, including activities like staff-organised runs, cycles and regular team socials!