We’re leading. Will you?
At Volvo Cars, we are always looking for world-class leaders who bring out the best in our people. If you want to be part of leading and inspiring our mission to change the automotive experience and make people’s lives less complicated, then we have the job for you.
Exterior designers must have in-depth knowledge of what it means to create great exterior designs which are on brand, and to an exceptional standard. They must demonstrate a true understanding of the subtleties of 3D surface and translation of a 2D sketch into reality.
- Proposing innovative design solutions which help to push the future development of the Volvo & Polestar Brands
- Create compelling and appropriate design proposals for concept and production car programs in the form of sketches, renderings and 3D digital models
- Collaborating cross functionally with all team disciplines
- Support program timing by delivering appropriate design proposals with speed and efficiency
- Benchmark competitive vehicles to aid design direction
- Work closely together with studio engineering on design solutions that can be brought to production
- Support Digital modellers with clear visual and verbal direction in the creation of digital models, physical models and CG renderings
- Work on a broad range of advanced design and production programs
- Presenting and communicating design proposals using multiple Medias including PPT, VRED, etc.
- Bachelors or higher degree in transportation / automotive design, industrial design.
- Express a high level of creativity through sketching, digital sketching, and final digital rendering
- Skilled in Alias Automotive Studio, VRed, Photoshop and other visual medias
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as internal clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong aesthetic sensibility
- Periodic travel may be required, including the potential for international travel for full time employees. This can be up to 25% of total work time.
- Occasional nights and weekends may be required to fulfil tight deadlines. Advanced notice will be given but not required.
- Fluent English communication skills
Candidates MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire
Who are we?
Volvo Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future.
Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we’re expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we’re on the lookout for new talent.
We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automobile industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of Volvo Cars’ journey into the future.
How to apply
Please email John Kinsey with your application.