Wacaco Chinese Subsidiary located in Lunjiao City, Foshan District, Guangdong Province, is looking for a talented Industrial Designer already based in China to join its growing team.
You will be an integral part of the team and be exposed to all aspects of a design project, being involved in every stage of the process, from research to strategy, ideation to visualization.
• 2+ years of work experience in industrial design.
• A bachelor’s degree in industrial design or product design or similar field.
• A strong portfolio demonstrating breadth and creativity in product design, versatility with rapid prototyping tools and methods, and a strong understanding of design and creative process.
• Design experience in form-giving, sketching, 3D modeling, color, material, and finish.
• Skilled in 3D CAD application (Rhino 3D).
• Skilled with rendering software (Keyshot).
• Proficient in 2D design, graphics, and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and be highly collaborative.
• Ability to successfully work within multi-functional teams (i.e. Marketing, Mechanical Design) to deliver robust and feasible designs.
• Show ability to drive great design balancing consumer needs within technical constraints, manufacturing processes, and business objectives.
• Capable of handling and prioritizing multiple projects within a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to details and timings.
• Able to work under tight deadline pressure and adapt quickly and amicably to changes in projects, scope, and schedule.
• Be naturally curious to find better solutions to everyday problems.
• Good English level is required.
• Passion for coffee.
Typical work activities
The role is very varied, tasks often involve:
• Identify and connect consumer insights, socio-cultural and market trends in meaningful ways to uniquely solve design challenges.
• Participation in ideation sessions.
• Strategic design thinking.
• Manage projects including schedule, resources, deliverables, and reviews.
• Generate elegant, considered, and refined solutions that satisfy the functional, usability, and user experience requirements.
• Communicate and evaluate ideas quickly and effectively using a combination of sketching, CAD, 3D rendering, and prototypes.
• Present and defend ideas that you feel will create the best product for the end-user, whilst being open to receptive inputs from project stakeholders.
• Work with our project and design managers to plan deliverables according to project timelines.
• Generate design control documentation including color, material, and printing specifications.
• Liaise with and support our external partners and contract manufacturers to oversee prototypes, product development, and product samples.
• Contribute towards the continuous development of the Wacaco design language and design quality standards.
Interested in joining the Wacaco team?
Please apply via email and send us:
• Your portfolio (PDF or online), showing not only beautiful final products but your way of working, from the first sketches to the final result.
• Your resume.