- We’re the London design team of a global tech leader in consumer electronics.
- Our design studio is a compact and fast-moving group of designers based in a well-connected and vibrant part of the capital.
- We are looking to add a talented industrial designer with a demonstrated expertise to the team.
- You will get to work on operational and innovation projects across a variety of product domains.
- Candidates will need to be based in the UK, or have the right to live and work in the country.
- Identify market opportunities, define and develop new product offerings that deliver new value to the business and its customers.
- Develop solid strategies that are based on consumer needs, as well as brand and business requirements.
- Generate meaningful, strong and innovative design paradigms that pioneer markets and champion user needs.
- Develop 3D surface models of high complexity and sophistication that are both aesthetically accurate and technically feasible.
- Develop design presentations.
- Organize the creative process through the facilitation of concept ideation sessions, brainstorms, and creative discussions.
- Manage projects by creating work plans, project timelines and communicating and managing them effectively.
- Education background: bachelor degree or higher diploma in a relevant design course.
- At least 3 to 8 years of experience in producing top quality work in-house or in a consultancy environment.
- Expertise within the following domains: consumer electronics or transportation.
- A singular attention to details and a strong sense for aesthetics in form, materials, and color.
- A good knowledge of material technologies and manufacturing processes, and a basic understanding of product engineering (electronics, mechanics, etc).
- Capability in translating a brands tone and identity through the design of a product.
- Proficiency in complex 3D surfacing, 3D rendering, as well as hand-sketching.
- Have a solid capacity for critical thought, information synthesis and problem-solving.
- Ability to resolve human behaviors, understand markets, identify opportunities, and think strategically.
- A high level of self-motivation and initiative, and an eagerness to learn and work collaboratively.
Please apply by email, attaching your resume and portfolio, with "Industrial Designer" as subject. Cover letter is a plus.