Seniority Level: Junior Level
Industry: Information Technology & Services, IoT, Wearable
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Seongdong-Gu, Seoul, South Korea
NOTE: This position will relocate to Singapore in the near future and candidates must be fluent in English.
Lineable is a startup developing smart, connected solutions to help families look out for their children and elderly. We seek to improve existing geolocation infrastructure by equipping land survey markers with the latest IoT technologies, and to provide affordable wearables that would keep our family members connected and safe. Recognized for the social value that we hope to create, Lineable was selected as one of the finalists for UNICEF’s “Wearables for GOOD Challenge” in 2017. Currently, we are collaborating with various telecom operators worldwide to broaden the scope of our impact.
We are looking for a passionate, eager to learn, and detail-oriented Industrial Designer who will be responsible for designing Lineable’s hardware products to fascinate our users in the world. Lineable’s portfolios are mainly wearable devices, but not limited to them. Our designer should have analytical insights in user experience as well as user interface. Also, the ability to apply users’ feedback to products is essential. The ideal candidate would move comfortably between creative and technical duties and work collaboratively with hardware and software development teams.
- Design Lineable’s hardware products
- UX / UI design related to hardware products (Dashboard/Apps)
- Determining user scenarios & user stories to enhance product usability & experience.
- 3D modeling of Lineable product design
- 3D Renderings of Lineable product design
- Proficiency in design methodology and managing the creative process independently
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes and design for manufacturing
- Proficiency in common design tools: Adobe Suite, UX/UI software, 3D modeling and rendering
- Degree in industrial design or equivalent
- Familiarity with model making and rapid prototyping tools like 3D printing, CNC etc
- Able to see workflow tasks from design plan to production
- Have previous experience in launching an actual product
- Never-ending passion of following up consumer products trends
- Excellent communication with overseas production companies in English
- Legally eligible to work in Korea (Work Visa is sponsored)
- Portfolio (Required)