Design2Gather is an industrial product design studio in Shanghai. Our main expertise is in kitchenware: cookware, drinkware, electronic kitchen appliances, etc.
We are looking for a senior industrial designer with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience who is able to execute market- and user researches and create innovative design solutions.
Key tasks include (but are not limited to)
- Participate in the full end-to-end product development from research and early ideation, to product refinement, development and launch.
- Lead and execute market and user research to define clear project opportunities.
- Create ideas and concepts based on the research insights.
- Make client presentations of the created work (by you and other team members).
- Work out detailed concepts defining technical solutions, color, finish and materials.
- Support the development process by preparing 3D files which can be prototyped to test the essential features of the product.
- Communicate all details of the product with the engineers who will prepare the designs for mass production.
- Work alongside other international designers to deliver high-end work aligned with the studio’s DNA.
Skills and attributes (required)
- Bachelor or masters degree in Industrial design, product design, or a similar educational background.
- Up to date know how about kitchenware categories.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating your approach, ideation and execution, not just the end result.
- Self-motivated and excellent management of time and goals.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Be strategic and hands on.
- Experience in market research and user studies.
- Ability to lead clients and project towards a well defined goal.
- Excellent 2D and 3D visualization skills.
- High proficiency in 3D CAD and rendering software.
- Strong affinity with color, material, finish and form.
- Great communication skills to present the work to clients.
- Willingness to teach and support other staff members.
- Strong English communication skills.
Skills and attributes (beneficial)
- Experience in embodiment design (you can identify yourself with this value if you are a prototype geek who makes 30 prototypes a day to get the correct fit of 2 parts right)
- Enjoys having some Friday-afternoon-drinks with us!
What is in it for you
- A dynamic working environment in one of the biggest and most vibrant cities in the world, Shanghai.
- Lots of freedom and a big responsibility due to direct contact with clients (retailers and manufacturers) all around the world.
- Involvement in strategic decision for the development of the company.
- The opportunity to gain international design awards and the possibility to see your designs in production at a worldwide scale.
- Deep involvement in different areas related to product design for a successful market launch.
Design2Gather is a product design studio in Shanghai, providing manufacturers and retailers innovative designs that are directly ready for mass production. Located in downtown Shanghai (jing’an district), we aim for impact through design by our user-centered design approach.
The D2G team, comprised of international designers and local engineers, creates product designs for noteworthy Chinese manufacturers as well as international corporations from the USA and Europe. We all share the passion to make product designs that get into production and focus during the design tracks on user-centered design, new and innovative features as well as strong visual product identities.