Layer, an experience driven design agency is seeking an industrial designer with a
minimum of 2 years industry experience (excluding internships) to join their
growing London studio.
LAYER, delivers experience-driven design for both the physical and
digital worlds. Led by Benjamin Hubert and a growing creative team, LAYER is
partnering with forward-thinking brands – including Nike, Samsung, Braun, BMW,
Fritz Hansen, and Herman Miller – to create products that will help define the
way we live, work and communicate in the future, from smart wearables and
furniture systems, to the next generation of media and communication devices.
driven approach to projects requires a diverse range of skills, the successful
applicant(s) will be a proactive person with a positive attitude to become
an integral team member.
Fluency in English is a prerequisite – other languages beneficial.
Duties and responsibilities
Concept generation; Good sketching and communication abilities
Design development; 2D (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign),
Design development ; 3D (3D modeling and rendering)
Design for production; Good knowledge of production processes and materials
The candidate should be efficient with their time and be prepared to join an extremely fast-paced environment
3D Studio Max
If any of the following are not included, unfortunately your application will not be considered.
- Email a cover letter, cv and portfolio to [email protected]
- Please write ‘Industrial design application’ in your subject for the email and address the email to Luca Corvatta.
- All attachments must be in PDF format and in total under 3MB
- We are not looking for architects or interior designers at this time.
- Due to the volume of applications we can only reply to successful candidates – please do
not follow up your application by email or phone; rest assured we review all
portfolios received and will contact all applicants that fit our needs.