Ruroc exists to make helmets cool. We believe that re-engineering protection with the perfect balance of art and science will make people want to wear our helmets, making them safer and will mean they live longer (and cooler!).
We are currently on the lookout for a like-minded, Lead Industrial designer who is enthusiastic to bring fresh new perspectives and to help us achieve our ambitious targets through ambitious progressive design thinking. We believe that by taking a design first approach we can continue to push the boundaries and stay ahead of the competition.
If you are a creative original thinker, with the passion for making a difference and an impeccable attention to detail; here is your chance to be part of something new and to help build our ID team! We move fast. We are agile, we seek the advantage.
This role is for a Lead Industrial Designer, ready to immerse themselves within the Design & Development team and to drive our brand forward with innovative and fresh design thinking approaches.
We are progressive product leaders, ambitious in our goals to advance the safety of our products, progress our industry and deliver class leading disruptive industrial design. If you are excited about championing design thinking through the wider business, create class leading innovative products that enhance the safety of our users and to deliver signature customer experiences – this role is for you. You will define our future.
• Be the creative force in the Industrial design team with innovative, fresh concept designs and thinking.
• Be a leader. Inspire the wider business with your design approach.
• Inspire and mentor the team of designers who will report to you.
• Conceive, create, develop and deliver disruptive products.
• Not settle for second best. You will be able to challenge the norm with creative solutions to problems.
• Craft strategic design stories that translate into tangible concepts and ultimately class leading product designs.
• Have your finger on the pulse and be future focused.
• Make it your mission to understand where we play and to understand what makes our users tick –translating these insights into breakthrough products or experiences.
• Be able to deliver concepts from initial insight through to manufacture.
• Compile and present engaging on-brand presentations.
• Have a thirst for learning. Challenging yourself and the wider team.
• Be an avid motorcycle enthusiast, skier/snowboarder or show an interest and understanding of the markets we play in.
• Collaborate with other teams in the business to promote creative design solutions to core problems.
• Be comfortable leading through uncertainty, you can create structure from within chaos and take action.
• Be a leader who can drive the team forward on a project even if the environment is fluctuating.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• 7+ years in an Industrial design capacity - In house or consultancy. Ideally with 2+ years in a senior/lead design position and with a proven track record in delivery of innovative design solutions, team development, recruitment, mentoring, budgetary planning and strategic thinking.
• Experienced in championing design principles in the context of the wider business goals.
• Exceptional ideation, concept design and visualisation skills.
• Excellent visual and verbal communication skills. Generate and present exceptional and disruptive future product strategies and concepts.
• An ability to craft strong, unexpected product narratives that drive innovative design solutions.
• Experienced in the full product development process. Fully capable in leading from initial insight through to production.
• Be experienced in working closely with other departments, e.g. User experience, engineering and graphic design.
• Proficient in any of the following 3D CAD packages: Solidworks, Rhino, Siemens NX, Blender or CATIA.
• Proficient in the Adobe suite of products.
• Strong KeyShot visualisation skills is a bonus.
• An exceptional portfolio showcasing your skillset, your design journey, and most importantly; you!
Salary negotiable and depending on experience + pension and benefits. 22 days annual leave.
Generous bonus scheme
Employee of the quarter and year award
Private Health Insurance
On site Gym & Personal Training
Company events & social hours