blond is a critically acclaimed London-based design studio that collaborates with the world’s leading brands and startups — ranked No.1 design studio in the Americas and Europe by the Red Dot Design Ranking in 2023 and 2022.
Founded by Creative Director James Melia in 2015, the studio’s Sustainable Manifesto underpins its practice. A drive to create a sustainable future – with established processes and methods of working with clients – by carefully selecting opportunities that positively contribute towards their goal of developing conscientious brands through design, to have a positive impact on the planet.
The studio’s team of designers creates products that enhance contemporary lifestyles, improving how people live. Their industrial design, branding, packaging and UI/UX work ranges from furniture & homewares (JosephJoseph, MADE, Tesoro), to electronics (Sony, Haier, LG, Epson, Impulse), to fintech (Revolut, Broad, Stitch) and to consumer goods (Fussy, Ruka, Borrn, Dizzie).
We are looking for a Mid-weight Industrial Designer to join our fast-growing team.
You will be an integral part of the studio and be exposed to all aspects of a design project, being involved in every stage of the process, from research to strategy, ideation to visualization. As a senior, you will also be expected to lead projects and manage client relationships.
- Guiding juniors and following direction from seniors
- Participation in ideation sessions
- Engage in, and management of; desktop and field research
- Strategic design thinking
- CAD, visualization and presentation creation
Skills and Attributes (required)
- At least three years of industry experience
- Administrative and organisational skills
- Eagerness to become part of a tight-knit team and a brand advocate
- Creativity and innovation-focused
- Exceptional CAD skills; must include Rhino (3D) and Adobe (2D)
- Exceptional Keyshot skills
- Able to present work beautifully, with clarity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are required
- A good understanding of design for manufacture
- Interest to work across multiple sectors
- Excellent knowledge of design
- Passionate about design
- Able to work in the UK
Skills and Attributes (beneficial)
- Able to start immediately.
- Bachelors degree in Industrial/Product Design
- Ability to speak a language other than English.
- Knowledge of Solidworks and 3Ds Max (+Vray)
- Willing to occasionally travel for client meetings
- Vitality Health (Private Healthcare)
- Birthday day off (paid)
- Education days (two paid days off per year for education - lectures, mentoring and tutoring)
- Working from home (one day per week when company laptops are available)
- Salary: Competitive
- Remote work is not possible; the position will be based in our London office (Hackney, E2)
- Overseas applicants are very welcome, but they must hold a valid British Citizenship or a valid right to work in the UK (please note, we do not offer visa sponsorship)
How to Apply
Please note, applications that do not follow these steps will not be reviewed:
- Send a PDF copy of your CV and portfolio to [email protected]
- Please title the email: Blond Mid-weight Designer December 2023
- No Issuu or web-based portfolios, please
- PDF portfolio should be no larger than 15MB
- No need to create a cover letter, please introduce yourself via email
- Please clearly state your salary expectations within the email
- Within the introduction email, please clearly state your availability
- Application deadline: 23 December 2023
- Please note: due to the high volume of applications, we will only be able to reply to successful candidates
Please submit applications using the apply link below or via email.