At Weber, grilling is a passion that’s reflected in everything we do. Our goal is to share this passion and spark inspiration with the people who matter most – our grilling community. Weber has been the world’s premiere manufacturer of charcoal and gas grills and accessories since 1952. If you have the desire to work for a company that is recognized for exceptional quality products and high customer satisfaction, employment with Weber may be right for you. We provide a friendly working atmosphere with an environment of growth and opportunity through innovation, pride, and excellence.
Weber is committed to inclusive, equitable and diverse Hiring practices. Our goal is to create a workforce which resembles the diverse rich communities we live, play, and support every day.
Discover What’s Possible with a career, at Weber.
Weber is a heritage brand that has created industry leading grills, products, and experiences since it was founded in 1952. As the company continues to bring BBQ to more people around the world we are seeking the most talented individuals to bring a strategic and holistic vision to our product experiences. We are searching for a creative, collaborative, and passionate Principal Industrial Designer to deliver a portfolio focused strategy, stunning new products, and cohesive user experiences. This position will own the design direction of a platform, deliver new product definition, and formalize design standards and documentation. Weber’s design team values collaboration, experiential creativity, visualization, and curiosity. If you have what it takes, come join our team and shape the future of grilling!
- Portfolio Strategy ownership – define, document, and implement Visual and Experiential Brand Language across a spectrum of products within a fuel platform – considers impact and interface with adjacent platforms
- Design leadership and hands-on execution in all phases of the NPD Design Process – opportunity definition, concept development, 3D concept modeling, digital rendering, definition of Color/Material/Finishes, refinement for cost and feasibility, and continual process improvement.
- Illustrate design solutions grounded in the ideal user experience – partners with consumer insights and product management to identify actionable consumer insights that translate into design solutions that captivate grillers.
- Define design systems that scale across products and platforms in Weber’s portfolio
- Synthesize cross-functional inputs into compelling stories/communication materials/prototypes to drive recommendations on design strategy, design intent, and criteria for user/business/technical requirements.
- Proactively collaborate with cross-functional team – Product Management, Engineering/Manufacturing, Consumer Insights, and Marketing to bring the user experience to life.
- Manage briefing, resourcing, timing, and budget for work conducted with external agencies.
- Position reports to the Senior Manager of Industrial Design – it currently has no supervisory responsibilities – however this leader will be expected to mentor other designers within the team.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS Industrial Design, Product Design, or similar required.
- 7-10 years of relevant hands-on industrial design experience – Corporate Design preferred.
- Must have experience in defining design tools and systems for a portfolio of products
- Aesthetic sensibility and strong design skills– sketching, concept generation, advanced 3D modeling and digital rendering – SolidWorks and KeyShot a must.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Mechanically inclined, with an understanding of engineering principles, manufacturing processes, and materials.
- Experience in translating brand design principles into physical embodiments.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple high-priority programs simultaneously.
- A design portfolio must be included with the application to be considered (pdf file).
- Grilling knowledge and enthusiasm is a plus.
Weber-Stephen Products LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.