At Cambridge Consultants, we take on projects across a wide spectrum of medical sectors with clients ranging from large multinationals to innovative start-ups, who trust us to solve their most critical, high-risk, and seemingly impossible challenges. These partnerships range from providing development services that help our clients take complex concepts to market, to providing advisory services to identify the right innovation strategy for highest value and return. Our unique value proposition is the ability to combine an understanding of users, creative lateral thinking, deep technical expertise and commercial insight to develop invention with impact.
DESIGN AT CAMBRIDGE CONSULTANTS
Our designers work within our Human Factors, Strategy and Design group. They play an integral role in taking a human-centered design approach that ensures we:
- Understand and validate the unmet needs we are solving for; and
- Create products and services that meet these needs and deliver value to end users, customers, and our clients.
Within our integrated product development teams, our designers are responsible for helping our clients understand what’s possible and creating and implementing a design strategy to realize their vision.
Watch our video to get a flavor of our design work: https://vimeo.com/681349665, and see more examples of our award-winning design case studies: https://www.behance.net/cambconsultants.
DAY TO DAY
In this role, you will:
- Guide clients and team members through the design process, taking them on the journey as we translate needs into opportunities and solutions.
- Communicate design decisions and trade-offs to team members and clients, advocating for a design vision that promotes the ideal user experience and elevates the client’s brand and business.
- Lead creative workshops to facilitate ideation of product strategy and concept generation using design thinking and idea capturing techniques.
- Promote the value of design throughout the product development process and contribute to the development of the global design team.
- Define a design language and signature elements to create an iconic product and achieve a holistic user experience across physical and digital touchpoints while delivering on target user’s desires.
- Conceptualize and visualize product experiences using sketching, 3D CAD, renderings, and prototyping (physical and/or digital) to simulate product interactions.
- Collaborate with Human Factors Engineers (HFE) on user research and usability testing.
- Collaborate with engineering to ensure the design intent is properly implemented, manufactured, and assembled.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Undergraduate degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, or a related discipline; and at least 8 years of relevant experience.
- Persuasive presentation and storytelling skills that can influence and inspire clients and the project team.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills that facilitate design collaboration with team members and leaders in our client organizations.
- A growth mindset supported by CC’s investment in professional development opportunities and mentorship.
- Eagerness and aptitude for elevating design, internally and externally.
- Experience with a human-centered design approach, including translating user needs into design principles.
- Flexible and organized, with the ability to meet deadlines on multiple projects, and to adapt methods and approaches when needed.
- Proficiency with contemporary design and prototyping tools:
- Solidworks and Keyshot (or similar 3D modelling and rendering software)
- Experience in PDM software (Windchill or other)
- Detailed part design experience with knowledge of design for manufacture
WHAT WOULD BE EVEN BETTER:
- Prior consulting experience with exposure to clients
- Experience working with design controls on medical products per ISO13485
- Experience in designing products with physical and digital interfaces
- Working knowledge of UX/UI design methods and software like Figma, Adobe XD (or similar)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/VETERANS/DISABLED
Cambridge Consultants is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email [email protected] If you have a disability and you believe you need an accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail [email protected] This email is created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Successful applicant must comply with the federal contractor Covid-19 Workplace Safety mandate requirements.
- Choice of medical dental and vision plans
- Flexible spending accounts
- 22 vacation days for full time employees
- Competitive base salary
- Pay for performance
- Profit share bonus plan based on company and individual performance
- 401K with discretionary company match
- Life Insurance
- Relocation assistance, if applicable
- 13 weeks fully paid Parental Leave