We are looking for a talented Researcher & Service Designer who is inspired by people, gathers great insights and contributes those to the design team that creates products and services.
TO BE SUITED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST POSSESS:
- Enthusiasm for research and hands-on work.
- Experience in trend analysis, strategic foresight, brand identity and brand strategy.
- Experience using qualitative and quantitative methods in an applied, professional context to drive insight and understanding in service of design and decision making.
- Experience drawing from a variety of research methods like interviews, observation, diary studies, prototyping, surveys, user testing, and experiments at different stages of the design process.
- Exceptional communication and storytelling skills.
- Ability to bring your personal interests and passions to the role to provide a unique perspective to research.
- Desire to keep digging into insights and going beyond the obvious to identify what is truly unique or different about what you’re seeing in the world.
- Evidence of a voracious appetite for experimenting with new tools and technologies that push learning in new directions, reach people in new ways, or compliment depth of insight.
- Passion about building people-first services.
- Articulating human needs and translating them into a value proposition to scale customer experience.
- Curiosity to learn from a spectrum of perspectives, and experience or strong interest in collaborating closely with creative designers and developers.
- Ability to flexibly work across multiple projects.
- Proven understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of different research methods.
- Experience in digital marketing and marketing strategy is a plus.
SMAL is an inspiring, buoyant place to work and a dynamic company located in two countries. Our clients are innovative, forward-thinking brands and our projects range from tactical product design to in-depth strategy. More than 30 smart, talented and creative people work in our Munich studio, and by truly collaborating we are able to produce our best work. We believe in the power of the team, a team where small details matter most.