Senior Alias Design Modeller (Bicycles and Components)
As an Alias Modeler at Scott Sports SA, you will be involved in projects from sketch to concept, prototype and production. Your design and surfacing expertise, whilst collaborating with product design, visualization, graphic design, engineering, and marketing, will ensure that Scott Sports continues to develop industry leading products.
- Volume, concept and sketch modelling to validate design proposals for the Bike division.
- 3D design and surface problem solving for design and production development.
- Modelling data for prototyping to validate design and engineering concepts.
- Generate high quality surface data for production and manufacturing.
- Supporting our visualisation team with data preparation.
- Accurately interpret sketches and orthographic design proposals into a 3D volume whilst faithfully retaining the core theme and feeling of the proposal.
- Develop sketch models into production data whilst maintaining the essence of the sketch model.
- Deliver files that can be used for engineering, rapid prototyping and tooling.
- Prepare data for use in visualization
Candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Proficiency in Alias is obligatory
- 5years+ industry experience in a design studio/environment
- Experience with sketch, prototyping and production modelling
- Can demonstrate clean modelling, constructed with a good and logical patch and CV layout
- Great design judgement and sensibility
- Understanding of engineering principles (Production techniques)
- Excellent organization skills
- Working in a team and independently
- A good level of spoken and written English
- Experience in the automotive industry is a bonus
- Passion for sports embracing the unique culture of Scott is a bonus