Amazon Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) is seeking an experienced Sr. Industrial Designer to join the Design Engineering team. Our team is supporting the rapid expansion of Prime Now, Fresh, Pantry and Locker+ worldwide. This candidate will be responsible for creating and maintaining optimal drawings of material handling equipment, work areas, and storage equipment as well as design support for future initiatives. Drawings will require a high level of detail in both plan views as well as corresponding elevation views. An ideal candidate will be able to collaborate with internal teams and external vendors to generate high quality, cost effective solutions in very short periods of time, and simultaneously handle multiple projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical / Industrial Engineering, Architecture or related field.
· Experience in the job offered or related occupation of Design/Innovation, Research & Development, Manufacturing/Process/ Industrial Engineering, or related.
· Experience in Designing Warehouse flow and Automation
· Experience must involve technical leadership for large-scale industrial engineering projects.
· Proficiency using business/technical software like MS Excel, Word, CAD 2D/3D Software.
· Fluency in English and other European Languages
· Prior experience in grocery distribution environment.
· Prior experience with designing refrigeration equipment.
· Experience in proven automation and optimization projects
· Knowledge of Revit.
· Ability to present design concepts to a broad group of stakeholders.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.