- Bachelor's in Industrial Design or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in consumer product design.
- Experience with designing and shipping consumer products.
- Experience in design (i.e., proportions, color, form, typography, presentation).
- A portfolio demonstrating your work.
- Strong understanding of mechanical design, manufacturing and engineering requirements and constraints.
- Experience in products that include hardware-software user experience.
- Experience in consumer electronics and mobile industry.
- Excellent in visualizing concepts using industry standard 2D and 3D tools such as:
- Photoshop/Illustrator, Rhino, Solidworks, Creo, Alias and Keyshot.
- Excellent written, listening and oral communication skills.
About the job
As an Industrial Designer at Google, you will shape the future by designing products that harness the power of Google to delight and inspire millions of people worldwide. You are a design leader who is passionate about improving people's lives through design and technology. You are proactive, creative, engaged, optimistic, progressive, open-minded and resourceful and you seek inspiration, empowerment, and challenge.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Lead projects from start to finish and manage issues that impact design.
- Lead the team to deliver design at a high quality that delights consumers.
- Lead design intent (leveraging the input from designers) from concept through mass production with cross-functional teams.
- Understand and rationalize feedback and issues from teams as they arise.
- Create compelling visual presentations and design stories showing solutions and context for both peers, top leadership, customers and verbally deliver in a convincing manner.
- Create original concepts as part of design team.
- Align concept to Brand and Business goals. Interpret and translate complex technologies into simple and beautiful products and user experiences.
- Drive agenda and prepare team for week over week actions and deliverables.
- Product build process troubleshooting and CMF approvals that require travel as needed to vendors (manufacturing facilities overseas, user research).
Mountain View , CA , USA