Fahrenheit Design is seeking a talented and motivated Senior Industrial Designer to join our award-winning team. Fahrenheit is based in Austin, Texas—a thriving high-tech and creative center that is consistently rated as one of the top places to live and work in the U.S.
At Fahrenheit, we focus on developing relationships with our clients and collaborating to create beautiful, relevant solutions. We are passionate about technology and about solving challenging problems. Members of our team must have highly developed design sensitivity and the skills needed to make their ideas a reality. They are talented but willing to check their ego at the door.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
• 5-8 years professional experience in a fast-paced environment
• Natural design talent and form development ability
• Outstanding sketching and visualization skills
• Creative problem solver
• Self-managing and motivated
• Experience leading teams and interacting with clients
• Skilled in one more 3D CAD applications (SolidWorks, Creo, Rhino)
• Proficient in 2D design, graphics, and Adobe Suite
• Skilled with rendering/animation software
• Awareness of emerging cultural and design trends
• Working knowledge of manufacturing processes
• Well versed in Color/Materials/Finishes
• Interest or experience with UX design a plus
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Detail oriented and organized
• 4-year degree in Industrial Design from an accredited design program
• International candidates must have authorization to work in the US
Send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio (link or PDF) to [email protected] This should include sketches and show your design process.
No calls, please.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.