At Huemen, with our human-focused mindset, we deliver and connect brands to customers through meaningful design. Our solutions are created with a direct focus and understanding of scalable delivery to drive business success through design. In the role of Senior Industrial Designer within branded car audio, you will be responsible for the Industrial Design of one or more of Harman’s car audio brands, such as Harman/Kardon or licensed business such as Bowers & Wilkins or Bang & Olufsen. In collaboration with our engineering and marketing team, you will envision and design holistic car audio experiences.
Please be aware that the position in Munich will only become available in October/November 2019.
• Take ownership of one of our premium car audio brands.
• Design branded audio systems for cars in close dialogue with the OEM.
• Understand the intentions of the car manufacturer and create designs that match and upgrade specific car models.
• Manage communication and tasks with the design teams and stakeholders across various locations.
• Create and maintain strong relationships with the OEM interior design teams.
• Understand and design for manufacturability, time plans, and cost targets.
• Deliver convincing presentations.
• Develop future brand design strategies.
• Bachelor or higher degree in Industrial Design or related field.
• At least 5 years of relevant, full-time design (agency/in-house) experience.
• Inspiring and meaningful bodywork in automotive, consumer goods and brands.
• Understanding of the global automotive industry.
• Strong conceptual thinking and attention to detail.
• Willingness to collaborate across multiple departments.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently but also in small teams.
• Fluent English (spoken/written) is mandatory, German is a plus.
• Able to work in Germany.
• Advanced experience in 2D software: Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign…).
• Advanced experience in Rhinoceros 3D, Grasshopper and Keyshot.