STRUCTURAL PACKAGING DESIGNER or INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER WITH ROBUST SPD EXPERIENCE
If you are a creative, practical mind who enjoys nature, and design, this maybe a perfect opportunity for you. LiveTrends Design Group is looking for a Structural Packing Designer who will solve real problems in an industry that moves millions of fragile and alive home décor items across the country.
About LiveTrends Design Group:
LiveTrends designs and produces living home decor that delivers Joy to millions of people in North America and Europe. Ranked by Inc. Magazine as one of America’s fastest-growing companies (#256 on Inc. 500 list), LiveTrends is currently available at over 16,000 stores in the US and Canada, including retailers such as Lowe’s, Target, Costco, Kroger, Safeway, Sprouts and Publix. The LiveTrends products reach the homes of 200,000 people each week.
The LiveTrends Brand’s mission is to deliver Joy to people’s spaces by fusing Nature and Design. The company operates with a full-time design team conducting trend forecasting, product design and development, and consumer testing on an 18-month product design cycle. In addition to its headquarters in Florida, LiveTrends has design and research partners in Europe and Asia which enables it to design over 400 unique products each year.
LiveTrends is built on five specific Core Values: Creativity in Everything, Achieve the Impossible, Craving for Excellence, Passion for Life, and Team as Family. Everybody at LiveTrends genuinely associates with and lives these values.
LiveTrends Creative Ambience:
The culture of LiveTrends is based on collaboration, accountability, empowerment, and continuous learning. Stepping into the creative studios, a person immediately feels immersed. The authentic smell of cedar-wood covered walls, pleasantly humming 3D printers, good music, jungles of green plants, exciting projects in incubation, and creative people all inspire collaboration and original work. The accents from many corners of the globe can be heard all around. The design studios are just a few steps away from the product assembly center. Hundreds of design ideas, which were initiated many months before, are taking life there.
Structural Packaging (ST) Designer: Job Description
The LiveTrends design team is looking for an experienced, passionate, creative, and solution-driven Structural Packaging Designer. This is a newly created position that will add a specific expertise to ever growing Product Design team. The designer in this position will truly own and solve practical problems related to packaging and distribution of fragile, alive goods. Based on the info gathered from Sales and Project managers, ST Designer will create dies in the relevant CAD programs, solicit and incorporate customer feedback, and create prototypes for design approval. She/He will also collaborate across Graphic design, Photography, and Marketing teams.
The packaging designs will be developed and tested for both - business to consumer, and business to business distribution channels. Enhancement of the products’ “opening experience” while providing safe and effective packaging will be the main goal for the e-commerce portfolio. This will require a lot of innovative thinking. Efficient packaging solutions that assure desired product visibility, eliminate product damage in transportation and maximize product yield will be the main goal for the retail channels. The combination of practical engineering thinking, up-to-date knowledge of various packaging materials and propensity for aesthetics will be used daily.
• Intake project requests from customers and internal account representatives, confirm all critical information, and evaluate requests to ensure profitable fit and operational efficiency.
• Identify the necessary materials and manufacturing processes for the project and provide alternatives as appropriate.
• Convey concepts with quick sketches, photos and CAD visualizations.
• Produce samples and mock-ups using various structural design techniques and skills including drafting (2D/3D), foam core modeling, and knife tools and cutting tables.
• Provide ongoing project support and answer all the customer’s questions related to the project’s structural design, set up, structural integrity, etc.
• Present project overview for production assembly teams and managers to provide insight into the components of the project from the designer’s perspective.
• Collaborate with customers, sales managers, project managers, graphic designers, design managers, marketing, and engineers to determine the best structural design and development approach.
• Develop presentation material and assist with the presentation of abstract ideas for formal presentations in a variety of settings (one-on-one, small and large groups to include peers, supervisors and clients) in partnership with creative counterparts.
• Create promotional materials and develop Bill of Material, Specifications, and Palletization requirements, as necessary.
• Work collaboratively with Design Manager, sales personnel and other designers and officers to develop customer programs.
• Interact with Account Executives and others, including customers, to ascertain design needs and creative objectives.
• Provide coaching and training to designer peers to build capability.
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Packaging Design or other programs with emphasis on structural design.
• Familiarity with retailer specifications, print production, and manufacturing processes. Within the Home Décor Industry is a plus.
• Preferred: 1+ years of experience in packaging and design, industrial design, engineering, corrugated packaging and/or point of purchase display.
• Proven track record of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Creative thinking and ability to convey abstract ideas/concepts verbally or with quick sketches.
• Demonstrated experience with relevant up to date design software including Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and specialized Packaging Design Software.
• Demonstrated ability to drive projects in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
• Cross-team management experience. You will be working with many other principal stakeholders in the new product development area – Product development, Engineering/Manufacturing, Global Sourcing, and many others.
• Learning: curiosity and desire to always learn new skills are a must. You need to be enthusiastic about learning and adaptable to change, with the ability to graciously accept criticism.
Please send a cover letter describing why you would like to work with us to: email@example.com Include the position “Structural Packaging Designer” in the subject line. Include resume and portfolio samples with a small selection of your best work. Resumes without work samples will not be considered. PDF, web link, PowerPoint, Word documents and JPGs are preferred. Please limit submissions to 5mb.
Thank you for your interest and best of luck with your application!
• Full Time
• Schedule may fluctuate based on departmental and period closing requirements.
• Observance of all company Policies and Procedures.
• Physical demands include light work, prolonged walking and/or standing along with the occasional exertion of up to 25lbs of force.
• Competitive pay structure
• Matching 401k
• Medical and additional health benefits available
• Paid time off and paid holidays throughout the calendar year
• Ability to learn, be creative and deliver truly beautiful products to millions of consumers, and
• Through proven success, motivation, and teamwork, potential for growth and promotions within the organization
View us at:
LiveTrends Company Video: https://vimeo.com/287542391
LiveTrends is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors, or any other protected categories protected by federal, state, or local laws.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
LiveTrends does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or any other vendor services. Any unsolicited resumes will be considered property of LiveTrends and no fee will be paid in the event of a hire.
Disclaimer: We do not advertise, recruit nor hire via Google Hangout.