At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first Harlem school in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
As the preeminent charter management organization in the country, Success Academy Charter Schools is a leading voice in the fight to bring quality education to all children. Our dual mission is:
1. To build exceptional, world-class public schools that help children from all backgrounds to succeed in college and in life.
2. To serve as a catalyst and national model for education reform and help change public policy that keeps children from access to opportunity.
Success Academy is looking for a Motion Graphics Designer with advanced animation skills to join our Creative Content Team. The video editor is someone who has a passion for creating engaging and cutting edge visual stories to enhance the Success Academy brand.
This role is specifically responsible for editing new and existing content for instructional and short form narrative videos, and for conceptualizing and creating high quality motion-based graphics for assigned projects that align with the Success Academy brand.
Reporting to the Senior Producer, our Motion Graphics Designer will have at least 4 years of experience with video editing and graphic design software packages (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, 3D Software, Premiere Pro, Final Cut), and should be someone who…
- Has the ability to edit short-form narrative pieces and instructional videos;
- Can effectively develop storyboards, style frames, and video mock-ups for stakeholder pitches;
- Is a highly creative, innovative individual with advanced proficiency in designing/creating high quality motion graphics for a wide range of video, including sizzle reels, recap videos, and branded instructional content;
- Has technical knowledge on formats, compressions and general file structure organization;
- Is able to produce fast low-fidelity prototypes for later refinement; and
- Has strong communication and interpersonal skills to execute projects quickly under tight deadlines, and work collaboratively with our Creative Content Team.
Bachelor’s degree in fine arts or design strongly preferred.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter, resume that outlines your candidacy, and digital portfolio/reel to www.successcareers.org.
Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.