Want to design products sporting the adidas brand? Keep reading...Marque Makers Ltd is setting the world of sport on fire.
We partner with the worlds biggest sports brands to manage the design, manufacture and shipment of their branded sports products. We develop and innovate sports products with a Wow factor. Our highest profile brand partner is adidas; we also work with Selkirk (Pickleball) and RS-Sports (Padel) as well as a number of other brands.
Our vision is to see our products being used by the biggest sports stars in the world, helping them create sporting history on the global stage. We will achieve this by creating exciting sports products enjoyed by 10 million people around the world, from pro players to aspiring juniors.
We are an efficient company with a highly skilled workforce who are passionate about making a positive impact in sport. Our employees work hard to create valuable products that our customers say are desirable, delivering growth and benefit to the entire Marque Makers team.
We are head quartered in Hong Kong however operate a decentralized team across China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Dubai and England.
Purpose of Role:
To assist in the creative product design, engineering, test and manufacture relating to all areas of product development, working across many sporting equipment categories for multiple international brands.
• Deliver innovative and contemporary product and graphic designs across sporting equipment, luggage and footwear categories, including but not limited to racket sports and field hockey.
• Participate in brainstorms and gather market and laboratory research to support new product concepts.
• Identify trends and drive the internal creative process for both product and graphic design disciplines.
• Liaise with external partners to develop technologies, concepts and relevant product information.
• Communicate design intent through 2D sketching, 3D CAD (ideally Solidworks), sketch modeling and prototyping.
• Analyze, interpret and communicate technical information to category managers in order to make informed design decisions.
• Prepare and update 3D files and technical information following sound engineering practice and principles.
• Liaise with Far East suppliers to integrate and develop new technologies into the final design.
• Prepare technical documentation and product visualisations to support and communicate the design intent.
• Prepare for and participate when required in product launches and design reviews with category managers.
• Input into the creation of product related marketing communications appropriate for trade and end consumer.
You will be likely working remotely, and you must be able supply the tools of the trade and manage your own time effectively whilst working with an international team as well as:
• +3 years previous relevant experience.
• A degree in a relevant product/consumer/industrial/transport design discipline.
• Demonstrate a strong 3D style with emphasis on form with function.
• Methodical and accurate design development through CAD/CAM, prototyping and testing.
• Ability to communicate accurately through 2D and 3D media, e.g., sketching, CAD, model making.
• Ability to develop product graphics with a clear visual style.
• Ability to plan, prioritise and coordinate with other teams.
• Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Able to travel internationally for project handovers and launches as required.
• Adapt to all the varying demands of product & design team across all sports within the group portfolio.
• Sound understanding and knowledge of basic engineering and physical principles.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of materials, composites, manufacturing and assembly.
• Experienced 3D CAD user (ideally Solidworks), as well as Illustrator and Photoshop.
• 3D Visualisation through Keyshot or Blender or equivalent.
• Proficient in Adobe illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Office applications.
Want to Apply?
For further information or to apply, please email your CV and portfolio to [email protected]