Layer, an experience driven design agency is seeking an industrial designer with a minimum of 3 years industry experience to join their growing London studio.
LAYER, delivers experience-driven design for both the physical and digital worlds. LAYER is partnering with forward-thinking brands – including Nike, Samsung, Braun, BMW, Fritz Hansen, and Herman Miller – to create products that will help define the way we live, work and communicate in the future, from smart wearables and furniture systems, to the next generation of media and communication devices.
Our experience driven approach to projects requires a diverse range of skills, the successful applicant(s) will be a proactive person with a positive attitude to become an integral team member. The role will enable the designer to have creative freedom and lead industrial design projects with global brands from the studio in the heart of Hackney, London. Fluency in English is a prerequisite – other languages beneficial.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Strategic direction
- Project management
- Concept generation; Good sketching and communication abilities
- Design development; 2D (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign),
- Design development ; 3D (3D modeling and rendering)
- Design for production; Good knowledge of production processes and materials
- The candidate should be efficient with their time and be prepared to join an extremely fast-paced environment
- 3D Studio Max
If any of the following are not included, unfortunately your application will not be considered.