Samsonite is the worldwide leader in superior travel bags and luggage, combining notable style with the latest technology and the utmost attention to quality and durability. Samsonite is the worldwide leader in superior travel bags and luggage, combining notable style with the latest technology and the utmost attention to quality and durability. Part of Samsonite group since 1993, the American Tourister brand offers an expansive selection of superior quality travel luggage that are young, fun and colourful at an affordable price. Today American Tourister is the fastest European growing brand, present in over 90 countries worldwide.
For American Tourister Design Department based in Oudenaarde, Belgium, Samsonite is currently looking for a result-driven Designer Intern – for a period of two to six month starting in the summer
• Actively support the AT Design team during the whole process of product design and development for the 3 brands of the division (American Tourister, Disney by Samsonite, Gregory).
• Compile product reports and comments files and Update the technical files as needed.
• Prepare inspirational boards, color cards and competitors research.
• Assists the Design Manager in any other design project as required.
• Be a student in a 2nd or 3rd year majoring in Product Design
• Have a good knowledge of Suite Adobe: Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign.
• Have at least a basic knowledge of Rhinoceros, Keyshot .
• Be proficient in English.
• Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Think out of the box.
• Have excellent skills in sketching and show strong creative skills.
• Continuously pay strong attention to details and accuracy.
• Be pro-active and show problem-solving skills.
• Be a strong team player.
Any applications, including CV and cover letter should be forwarded to the attention of our recruitment team.