You are a CMF Designer, with an outstanding portfolio that illustrates your ability to develop innovative materials and finishes for CE products. You are keen to prototype and develop new processes, and have the passion and tenacity to bring true innovation to life. We work differently here at Logitech – we design highly polished, human-centred, branded, future-forward experiences across both digital and physical touch-points. We prototype to learn, we design to inspire, and we ship real products that people love to use.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviours you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
• Work collaboratively within multidisciplinary teams. Forge strong partnerships with ID, CMF and ME teams. Engaging with suppliers external experts.
• Demonstrate a solid understanding of tooling, moulding, forming and finishing processes, for plastics, silicon, metal and fabric
• Strive for excellence in product execution, ensuring materials are seamlessly matched and exquisitely finished.
• Create detailed CMF specification documents, golden and limit samples as guidelines for mass production.
• Be familiar with Engineering qualification processes, resolving cosmetic defects with thoughtful creativity.
• Attend trade shows and exhibitions, to investigate material technology and consumer lifestyle trends.
• Build material sample libraries, technical reference documents and trade show reports, to share your findings with the global Logitech Design and Engineering community.
• Work with Project Management team to plan deliverables according to project timelines.
• Possess strong visual and verbal communication skills, in English and Mandarin.
• Willingness to travel within Asia and Overseas approximately 30%
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
• 5+ years of relevant experience in Industrial / CMF Design for Consumer electronics sector.
• Bachelors Degree in Industrial Design, Material Science or Engineering Knowledge of tooling, moulding, and forming processes, for plastics, silicone, metal and fabric.
• Excellent visual, written and oral communication skills. Proficient in Adobe, Creative Suite and Keyshot. (Solidworks and/or Rhino a plus)
• Fluent in Mandarin and English
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.