Amer Sports is a sporting goods company with internationally recognized brands including Salomon, Arc’teryx, Atomic, Mavic, Suunto, Wilson, and Precor.
Amer Sports people represent a number of nationalities and different cultures. Our shared values support and guide our operations around the world. Success in competition requires the determination to win, team spirit, fair play, and innovation.
“The Mountain Sports Company”, Salomon was born in 1947 in the heart of the French Alps and the birthplace of modern alpinism. Salomon’s commitment to innovative design and passion for mountain sports created a vast range of revolutionary new concepts in bindings, boots, skis and apparel for both alpine and nordic skiing and brought innovative solutions to footwear, apparel and equipment for snowboarding, adventure racing, mountaineering, hiking, trail running, and many other sports.
Through performance driven design, Salomon delivers innovation and progression to mountain sports; converting new ideas into action and expanding the limits of possibility. Salomon’s heritage, culture, and commitment are tied together by one simple concept: the world’s leading mountain people creating the world’s leading mountain products. Salomon is headquartered in Annecy, France.
Salomon skiing category Art Direction Responsible (W/M)
Our future Art Direction Responsible will craft and curate the visual identity & drive the creative direction of our skiing offers.
You will work in close collaboration with our offer creation team, R&D, GTM, and the Salomon brand marketing team.
As a leader, you will be responsible of
- Coordinating the design team efforts to formulate a relevant visual identity platform, for each of the key
- Driving the creative execution (graphics, colors and signature) of the product ranges, from concept to
products & consumer touchpoint.
- Maintain a constant communication with other teams from Salomon (Brand, apparel), to ensure a consistent
delivery to consumer.
- Brief, trend, challenge and support alpine design team. Maintain the creative dynamism.
- Nourishing and inspiring the seasonal design directions with relevance
- Elaborate, develop, confirm and execute the pertinent actions to the targeted consumer group.
ALPINE GRAPHICS, COLORS, SIGNATURE PLATFORM:
- Projects leading with design partners: team spirit
- Elaborate an alpine “cosmetic” platform with: color elements, branding, graphics and finishes for each segment/franchise.
- Plan, prepare, and present the platform during sharing and approval internally and externally meetings As an expert Graphic designer, you will also participate directly to the graphic creation of the ski ranges.
Qualifications / Skills
- Needed work experience : 5 years of professional experience
- Education: 4/5 year degree course in design
- Foreign languages: proficiency in English. French is required.
- Computer skills: command of Microsoft Office, command of professional software (Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Output orientation: Develop and manage operational results: set themselves ambitious targets, achieve them and know when to step back in order to improve the results. Be proactive, assert themselves when making decisions.
- Sense of customer service: Understand and integrate the needs of internal/external clients, in order to respond adequately in line with the interest of the company.
- Ability to work as a team member and to collaborate: Promote information sharing and team spirit, contribute to collective efficiency.
- Ability to lead and/or support the change: Encourage, bring about and manage the change. Be able to question themselves and adjust their behavior and methods (if necessary) to achieve the expected results
- Creativity and innovation: Explore, make new ideas come to life, striving ceaselessly to improve. Be creative in order to fall within innovation projects regardless of their level of responsibility
- Professional commitment: Demonstrate passion and personal investment in order to develop our brands and products
- Integrity and trust: Respect corporate values and the duty of confidentiality.
- Specific transversal skills: Ability to understand market issues and consumers requirements. Ability to
identify and convert graphic and product trends. Ability to structure an approach and elaborate a strategy. Strong communication capacity. Sports sensibility.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send your application (Resume & Cover Letter) by Mail with the following email subject “Art Director Application”