Whipsaw is in search of a Senior Staff, Business Development Manager who will lead the identification of new client opportunities and grow existing client relationships. As a Business Development Manager, you will proactively seek out new opportunities across many industries and represent the full range of Whipsaw’s services. New business at Whipsaw requires a nimble connector that gets people around you excited about creating unique and inspirational product solutions for our clients. The ideal person will be able to bring together strong business acumen, relationship-building skills and passion for design. We’re looking for a leader who will play a critical role in driving Whipsaw’s success. Sound up your alley? Let’s talk.
What You’ll Do
• Identify prospective clients and work with the team to craft effective outreach initiatives to share Whipsaw expertise and impact through design.
• Lead the definition and development of new business opportunities with new and existing client stakeholders.
• Collaborate with leadership on development of project proposals that effectively frame opportunities and articulate the steps and phases of a project.
• Develop and maintain a strong network of executive relationships.
• Contribute to and improve the Whipsaw presence at industry conferences, exhibitions and other events.
• Contribute to market trend analysis to position Whipsaw for emerging market opportunities.
What You’ll Bring
• 10+ years of experience in client relationship management and business development, preferably within a creative environment and/or design consultancy.
• Experience working with senior management to define new business strategy, goals, and success measurement.
• A strategic mindset to identify, evaluate and frame client opportunities that are aligned with Whipsaw’s expertise and business goals.
• A strong existing network of clients and partners throughout the US.
• A network of international clients and partners is a plus.
• Strong presentation and negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business and increasing revenue through a generation of leads.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively and efficiently bridge Whipsaw and our clients.
• Facility and comfort with developing connections with people inside and outside of our organization.
• Flexibility and ability to travel for client meetings domestically and internationally.
• Demonstrated ability to meet revenue targets.
• Experience and willingness to help colleagues see the potential in projects and encourage creativity.
• Fluency in design thinking.
Whipsaw is an Industrial Design, User Experience, and Engineering consulting firm located in San Francisco and San Jose, California. We are known for creating smart, unique and intuitive solutions that profoundly connect with end users on both a rational and emotional level. Since our founding in 1999, over 900 Whipsaw-designed products have shipped to market and many became major hits. Our clients range from startups to international corporations including Brita, Cisco, Ford, GE, Google, Haier, Intel, Leitz, Merck, Motorola, Nike, Olympus, Samsung, Sony and Uber. Whipsaw has won over 285 design awards and our products are featured in the Smithsonian Institution Cooper Hewitt Design Museum, The Henry Ford Museum and the Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design.