ChauhanStudio is a London-based design practice, established by award-winning industrial designer Tej Chauhan and celebrating our 10th anniversary this year.
We work across a broad range of disciplines with both established international brands and start-ups on strategic, tailor-made design solutions. Our clients choose us because our work is engaging, memorable and commercially-focused for efficient manufacture.
Our practice specialises in industrial design - particularly in design language in relation to a brand. Our team is small, dedicated and experienced, and we offer a unique perspective and a personal approach to every project.
We are currently looking for an exceptional Industrial Designer to join us.
About The Role
We are looking for an exceptional designer to join our team. The position will suit a team player, who can demonstrate excellence across a range of disciplines including conceptual thinking, sketch communication, 3D surface modelling, and CMF innovation. An understanding of latest manufacturing processes is essential in order to push boundaries.
A keen eye for graphics, layout, and typography would be beneficial.
The position will suit someone who is dedicated, proactive and detail driven.
• Conceptual thinking with an understanding of production
• 3D CAD surface modelling
• Physical sketch modelling with paper/card/foam..
• CMF specification
• Graphical layouts
• Digital UI layouts
• Creating beautiful presentations
• Liaising and working closely with mechanical engineers and suppliers
• A team player with the ability to appraise design objectively
• Proactive and able to use initiative, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• An accomplished 3D surface modeller, ideally with Rhino, with experience delivering perfect final 3D surface models to clients and suppliers
• Has a natural feel for CMF and is able to innovate with material specifications and production processes
• Has great communication skills, both verbal and written
• Understands and stays on top of fashion, lifestyle, and technology trends
• Is interested in materials and related technologies
• Has excellent attention to detail
• Believes that what most people would consider to be pedantic about detail and pursuit of perfection is simply part of the job
Application deadline: 29th January 2016