Color and Material Designer – Automotive
Chery Europe GmbH
Chery is a leading Chinese auto company and an international brand whose business covers more than 80 countries and regions.
We are establishing a new design studio in Raunheim, near Frankfurt.
We welcome you to join a team of extraordinarily talented people who possess the skills to create beautiful, original and successful car designs for the global and Chinese market.
Interested candidates should be able to work mainly digitally, and in an agile and efficient manner. We will be designing for production as well as for advanced concepts.
We are currently looking for a 3-5 years experienced CMF design professional, you should have proven record of work in the automotive or industrial design field, preferable worked in a major OEM.We search for highly innovative, self-driven, positively motivated individuals with a flexible and enthusiastic mindset who will be required to support and inspire Chery design in three global locations.
You will need excellent communication skills and a good level of spoken and written English.
• Work closely with automotive designers from all other departments and design leadership to support the creation of new and beautiful color and material themes for new products for China as well as international markets
• Support the European and Chinese Design Team to monitor latest color and material trends inside and outside of Europe and the automotive industry
• Already has deep knowledge about automotive design development processes
• Ideally has worked in a bigger OEM for 3-5 years
• Professional use of Adobe Creative Suite (mostly Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign)
• Knowledge of pattern and surface creation in 2D and 3D
(VRED, Rhino, Grasshopper skills welcome!)
• PowerPoint and office software to create and present your work content
• Can show skills in VRED or equivalent visualization software to visualize C&M visions and strategies
• Develop skills to establish new supplier relationship as well as managing suppliers
• Professional language skills in English mandatory, Chinese is very welcome
• Experience in Asian market/ international market welcome
• Experience in automobiledesign/industiedesign/textiledesign/fashiondesign
At least 3-5 years
• Fluent in English
• Knowledge of Mandarin welcome
• Professional user of Adobe Suite
• University degree in Product Design, Fabric Design or similar
• Higley creative and flexible
• Able to work in a fast pace environment
• Highly motivated
• Team player