Huawei’s London Design Studio is looking for a talented individual to research trends, and deliver design solutions in colors, materials, and finishes.
• We’re the London Design Studio of global consumer electronics manufacturer Huawei. Our studio is a young team of international designers, based in the well-connected and vibrant Kings Cross area.
• We work on operational and future-oriented projects across a variety of product domains: smartphones, wearables, accessories, consumer audio, IOT, and more.
• We are looking for a CMF Designer to strengthen our studio’s capabilities in trends research and CMF design.
• A talented designer with a solid experience researching trends and creating innovative designs in colors, materials, and finishes, for products in consumer electronics, fashion accessories, shoes, furniture, luxury, automotive.
• You are a British citizen, or you already have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
• Available for a minimum of 2 days on-site work per week.
• A creative mind for the early phases of the design process, with an ability to quickly generate and iterate innovative ideas and concepts (we are not looking for individuals focused on product development).
• You are comfortable researching trends in style, user behavior, technology, etc.
• You are able to draw influence from the world of fashion or visual arts, and have some understanding for emerging and leading trends in these areas.
• Capability in translating research outcomes into inspiring design visions/strategies, as well as tangible CMF design solutions.
• Proficient and autonomous in visualizing design proposals (Photoshop, digital drawing/sketching, Keyshot, Blender, C4D, Marvelous, Grasshopper, etc).
• A high level of self-motivation and initiative, and an eagerness to learn and work collaboratively.
• Research and identify emerging trends and pioneering ideas in design, fashion, art, material technologies, user behavior (individual and collective), marketing, etc.
• Help translating research outcomes into inspiring design visions & strategies.
• Work with other designers to create and develop design concepts, in line with user needs, market context, and company requirements.
• Execute the creation, visualization, and delivery of specific CMF design solutions for ongoing projects, ensuring aesthetical accuracy and technical feasibility.
Apply by using the button below. Please send us your CV, PDF portfolio and a one-line statement about your motivations for working at Huawei. Use “CMF Designer” as email subject. We will consider all applications and contact selected candidates. Please be aware documents stored online or in the cloud may not be accessible - in that case your application would not be considered.
Privacy Notice - Through applying for this position you agree to our privacy notice. For further details please visit the address below.