We’re in the business of making. We invent category defining user experiences, products and services for the world’s most interesting brands. We are a reserved, highly selective studio built on a singular commitment to excellence. We are independent and march to the beat of our own drum.
At the heart of our work is the need to challenge the expected, confront accepted wisdom and push the boundaries of the possible. We are interaction designers, visual designers, materials scientists, digital engineers, biochemists, artists, designers, electronics experts, experience builders, taste-makers, iconoclasts, craftsmen (and women). Together, we make the stuff of tomorrow.
As a CMF Designer at Native you will be responsible, under the direction of a Director, for leading the creation, development, refinement, and documentation of innovative and compelling CMF design solutions that are in line with the design objectives and goals of Native, while understanding and achieving the needs of the client on each specific project. Strategic thinking and creativity will be critical to innovating compelling solutions through design. Passion for our both our clients and for consumers who want great user experiences is highly important.
• Taking a lead role in the CMF development of projects, from concept to execution and implementation, providing direction to client and suppliers, whilst collaborating with the ID team to establish and achieve the overall design intent.
• Developing a thorough understanding of the technical constraints of each project and successfully applying new technologies/solutions to innovate within these constraints.
• Handle day-to-day contact with suppliers and clients, and work closely to understand their business needs, and the requirements for each specific project, helping to define strategy and content as required.
• Translate client requests and business requirements into specification and tangible results, while balancing the needs of the end-user.
• Take a strategic approach to tactical requests, to allow for future product variations and building of brand equity.
• Plan, create and articulate CMF presentations.
• Lead the development of trend based research and foresight.
• Develop and manage the maintenance of Natives knowledge base with regards to colour, material, finishes and processes, including:
o Further develop and implement best-practice templates, tools and processes for establishing, documenting and sharing CMF specification.
o Pro-actively maintaining and growing the materials library by establishing supplier relationships, acquiring and/or creating samples, cataloguing and organising.
In addition to project related responsibilities, you will occasionally be asked to undertake tasks which assist with the general day to day running of the Studio.