ASUS Design Center in Taipei is a team of 100+ designers from around the world with their area of expertise. Each team is responsible for areas such as Color Material Finish, Mechanical Design, Industrial Design, Graphic, Package, and etc. It is our mission to design for a better user experience – Start with People, understand their needs, and we offer them the best user experience. Good design is ultimately about putting products into people’s hands; a successful design is the one that becomes his/hers daily life companion.
Our goal is to create a greater user experience of consumer electronics enter and improve everyday life. We encourage creativity in every aspect and seek to hire individuals whose satisfaction comes from thinking creatively and solving problems with unique solutions.
We are looking for a Color, Material, and Finish (CMF) Designer that will support the color strategies for our products, work under the direction of Creative Leads in applying strategy consistently within each product category. Additionally, this person will coordinate with our suppliers to bring these capabilities to ASUS products and Republic of Gamers brands.
You will be working with a multi-disciplinary team, and collaborating closely with Product Manager, Industrial Designers, Tool Designers, Material Scientists, Mechanical Designers, carrying a concept from conceptualization to mass production.
What you will be doing:
1. Annual design trends and directions
2. Product vs. design segments and integrated CMF strategy
3. New effect creation and sampling
4. Design conceptualization and presentation
5. Concept implementation and execution
6. Mass production quality keeping and vendor management
7. Materials Library maintenance
Requirements & Preferred Skills:
1. Bachelor’s degree in design field.
2. 2 years+ work experience. Visual Communication, Industrial Design or Textile Design are all great. Mass production related experience a plus.
3. Extremely sensitive to trends and news in related fields
4. Work both independently and in a cross-functional team
5. Extremely keen to details especially in color, material and finishing
6. Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office proficiency are must.
Any applicant needs to prepare a portfolio that clearly demonstrates his/her capabilities to be considered.