Cogniance is a 500+ people global consulting organization with roots in Silicon Valley. We exist to help innovators bring software and hardware innovations to market. In essence, we co-create technology products. Since our founding in 2008, we have built a world-class company on a strong foundation of world-class people powered by world-class processes.
We work with early & growth-stage startups as well as Fortune 500 companies on the strategy, design, build, launch, and the evolution of their technology products. In doing so, we practice Advanced Simplicity – balancing complex solutions with refined user experiences, by fusing technology and design.
We’re looking for passionate product design students to join our team in Munich for a 6 month internship starting in August 2016
Based in our Munich design studio, you will join a fast-growing team of designers that work across physical and digital product domains. Your global team of colleagues includes software and hardware technologists — together you will be tasked with creating industry-defining products.
Work on project teams to design exceptional products – from generating insights and ideas, to crafting concepts and designs, to refining and delivering an implementable solution – you will participate and add value to the entire design process.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Pursuing a product or industrial design program in Europe
- Passion for designing smart products that bridge the gap between digital and physical experiences
- Flexibility, open-mindedness and the desire to learn
- Proactive, solution-oriented and motivated team player
- Ability to establish empathy with end users to understand their problems and needs
- Strong ability to formulate, visualize and prototype innovative ideas
- Solid understanding of manufacturing processes
- Strong skills in 2D and 3D design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Rhinoceros or Solid Works)
- Excellent spoken and written English
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Cogniance offers competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package, as well as intellectually & creatively stimulating work environment, flexibility, and unique international travel opportunities.