Passion. Creativity. Integrity. Teamwork. Ambition. Innovation. These are the qualities that have made Wilson Sporting Goods Co. the number one sports equipment brand in the world. And these are the qualities that our global team embodies every day as we pursue one shared bold mission: to ignite the true potential in every athlete.
We know that great people are what makes our brand great. We know that teams who bring a variety of skill sets, experiences and perspectives to challenge the status quo and create game-changing product means we are doing right by the athletes and coaches we serve. And that’s why we work with each member of our team to help them dream, discover, grow and realize their own full potential.
Evolving the sports world and being the best partner for players is no small task. We are continually looking to add hard-working, ambitious, team-first individuals who desire to make a difference —and who love to help others win. Join us.
What You’ll Do
We are currently seeking a contract Graphic Designer to work with our Team Sports organization. This is a temporary role, working under contract for a period of approximately 3 months. This is a great opportunity to gain experience with a global brand in an exciting industry.
As the Graphic Designer, you will work under the direction of the Lead Designer, providing design and creative solutions for the Marketing needs of the company. We are looking for someone who works well in a fast paced, dynamic, creative environment with the ability to multi-task. This individual will communicate and gather information for project review processes with internal clients.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Partners with Lead Designer, Marketing, internal designers and outside designers and ad agencies to gather information for layouts and concepts all the way through production phases.
• Performs a variety of design tasks from start to final production such as; packaging, point-of -purchase, direct marketing (D2C, mobile & social), marketing sell-in, meeting and other specialty projects as assigned by Marketing and the Lead Designer/
• Responsible for the collection and transfer of files for all types of projects with foreign and domestic venders to sample and produce.
• Coordinates with Production Staff to define specifications for quoting and bidding of various projects within defined design perimeters of project to ensure quality and proper execution.
• Provides marketing with cost estimates on a project-by-project basis regarding outside costs involved.
• Works with Staff Photographer on coordinating and providing product, photo layouts and background concepts for various projects.
• Coordinates with Staff Copy Writer on providing details, background, layouts and client direction for various projects.
• Responsible for the ongoing implementation of Macintosh computers as a design and production tool to achieve great creative and cost saving company goals. Learns software updates and enhancements, works with consultants and attends seminars to expand computer knowledge as needed.
• Supports cross-train other designers to assist in them learning Wilson approaches to new areas of design. Sharing design experiences and knowledge to grow new designer’s abilities.
• Maintains the job log for project tracking as well as individual tracking sheets in a timely manner.
What We Are Looking For
This role requires an Associate’s Degree in Graphics or a related area; Bachelor’s Degree preferred. We are looking for a candidate with 2-3 years of strong experience in (enter industry/work experience).
Other qualifications include:
• Requires an excellent working knowledge of Apple computers and graphics related software, scanner and printers. Needs a basic working knowledge of photography, film, separations and printing processes.
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and associated design software Knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Digital and conventional design and illustration abilities a plus.
• Solid attention to detail with strong organization and project management skills.
• Strong communication skills to effectively present information, respond to questions and work with the cross-functional teams.
• Proven ability to work under pressure, be flexible with work hours, prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
Wilson Sporting Goods Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Join my VIP list to get some help with your portfolio + Portfolio reviews