Mechanical / Design Engineer Intern (Starting around February 2020)
We’re currently on the look-out for talented and enthusiastic Design Engineering students who are looking to gain experience at one of the world’s top independent design & innovation studios.
As a Design Engineering intern at VanBerlo, you’ll have the chance to work with and learn from our expert creative & technical teams, as well as the opportunity to hone your skills while working on a variety of real-life projects.
So if you’re an ambitious Design Engineering student looking to kick-off your career, we’d love to hear from you.
What you bring:
- A positive can-do attitude with a keen enthusiasm for learning and improvement
- At proficient user of 3D modelling software (e.g. Solidworks)
- A broad knowledge of mechanical principles and the ability to translate them into creative concepts and solutions
- A basic knowledge of manufacturing production processes and constraints
- Comfortable creating physical models, from rough prototypes to more refined aesthetical models.
- A passionate, out-of-the-box thinker who dares to share their thoughts and ideas
- Pursuing a degree in Design Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design or similar
- A portfolio showcasing your ability to create well-considered solutions, as well the processes, prototypes and creative thinking that led to them.
- Ability to communicate in English (additional languages would be a bonus)
- Experience working with electronic components / systems would be a bonus
What we have to offer:
- The opportunity to work on real life projects for a range of international clients
- The chance to learn from and work with our multidisciplinary team of creative and technical experts
- The opportunity to be part of our vibrant & dynamic atmosphere, working from one of our two stunning studio spaces
- A dedicated mentor to help you achieve your learning & experience goals.
- To qualify for an internship position at VanBerlo you must either be a registered EU citizen or a non-EU citizen who is currently enrolled at a Dutch University/ HBO.
- This internship role is an experience traineeship, meaning this role is not suitable for students looking to work on their own project, or those seeking to work on a final thesis project.
- Internship is for a minimum period of 4 months, taking place over the spring/summer semester period