LiveTrends Design Group
If you are a person who enjoys art, nature and fashion, this maybe a perfect opportunity for you. We are looking for a Creative Director who knows how to reach millions of consumers, work with large retail chains, and successfully manage Marketing and Design teams. If you want to join one of the most innovative brands in the home fashion industry, and if you aspire to make a serious impact on the consumer marketplace nationally, LiveTrends is definitely a home for you.
About LiveTrends Design Group:
LiveTrends designs and produces living home decor that delivers Joy to millions of people in North America.
Even though we are only 6 years old, LiveTrends functions like a fun startup…with the creative and operational maturity of much larger company. LiveTrends has had the incredible organic growth: from 3 to 300 employees in just six years. Ranked by Inc. Magazine as one of America’s fastest-growing companies (#256 on Inc. 500 list), LiveTrends is currently available at over 16,000 stores in the US and Canada, including retailers such as Lowe’s, Target, Costco, Kroger, Safeway and Publix.
The LiveTrends Brand’s mission is to deliver Joy to people’s spaces by fusing Nature and Design into trend-forward, handcrafted living art. All LiveTrends products feature living plants – fashioned into trend-inspired art pieces that uplift and inspire any home or office interior.
LiveTrends operates like a fashion brand, with full-time designers conducting trend forecasting, product development, and consumer testing on an 18-month product design cycle. In addition to its headquarters in Florida, LiveTrends has design and research partner offices in Europe and Asia. This enables LiveTrends to design over 400 unique product collections each year.
LiveTrends feels humble, just like a local brand, but it carries a wide international footprint. And while all of us at LiveTrends take our work seriously, we never forget to have fun doing it. LiveTrends was built on five specific Core Values: Creativity in Everything, Achieve the Impossible, Craving for Excellence, Passion for Life, and Team as Family. All of us at LiveTrends genuinely associate with and live these values.
LiveTrends Creative Ambience:
Our culture is based on collaboration, accountability, empowerment and continuous learning. If you step into LiveTrends office, you will immediately feel it: you are welcomed by the pleasant smell of natural wood (we are in a refurbished old building that is covered with natural cedar), open collaborative spaces, 3D printers, good music, jungles of live plants, exciting projects in incubation, creative people…and of course, our own office dog named Ralph. The huge, open plan studios invite collaborative creative work, and you’ll hear accents from all corners of the globe – diversity is big for us and we love it here that way.
Our office is just a few steps away from our assembly center. You can take a short walk and see how hundreds of design ideas, which were initiated many months before, are finally taking life in the hands of 120 assembly artisans.
It is also very rewarding to take a walk to the nearest Target, Publix or Lowe’s and see how thousands of people interact and enjoy the LiveTrends products. Currently, we reach the homes of 200,000 people each week and we have plans to reach a lot more in the next few years.
Creative Director: Job Description
This job requires a very unique combination of great taste for aesthetics, strong leadership skills, sharp business acumen, and super-organized project management abilities.
The Creative Director is a new position for us. The idea is to combine the creative efforts of Design, Branding and Marketing into one single, laser-sharp focus. To ensure we all “row” in same creative directions, you will be in charge of all these teams. Besides having great taste, creative experience and leadership skills, you will be responsible for keeping all “trains running on time”: project deadlines, product portfolios curation, BTB marketing campaigns, BTC marketing activities, special retail programs, etc.
As Creative Director for LiveTrends you will lead the creative direction for all of our brands. You will join an extremely fast-paced team of passionate and energetic professionals, working towards significant growth and innovation. You’ll also join to top Executive Team of the company, along with the other 5 Directors: Product, Sales, Operation, Finance, and Horticulture. All Directors report directly to our Founder and CEO.
Joining the LiveTrends Design group gives you an opportunity to lead an exciting mission: we not only have huge aspirations for further growth, but we also truly believe in our vision to deliver Joy to millions of people, to create a brand-new industry and to convert “plant non-believers” into “plant lovers” via innovative Design and Marketing.
As a Brand visionary you will be in charge of spearheading the branding strategy, drive the brand identity and brand expression. You will ensure that the chosen strategy and product design support our retailers’ needs and creates emotional connection with our consumers. You will also create and develop new brands.
As a cultivator of great ideas, you will continuously craft an environment that inspires, and fuels team’s passion and creativity. As a creative leader, you will be responsible for crafting atmosphere that’s conductive to healthy collaboration and inclusiveness. You will also be responsible for developing new talent, as the team grows. As a leader you will have an ability to succinctly articulate abstract concepts to your teams.
As a Creative Director you will have the direct responsibility for the following main areas:
• Trend forecasting (with internal and external sources and consultants)
• Trend Guide creation (18 months out)
• Marketplace analysis and gap identification (from data analytics – from internal sales data to external market intelligence and retail POS information)
• Business objectives formulation (together with entire Executive Team)
• Based on gap identification and business goals, design creative direction and strategy
• Product portfolio planning
• Product design management
• Final product portfolio curation
• Marketing strategy for product lines and overall branding
• Creative direction with marketing strategy and execution (photography, copy, digital, print, trade shows, etc)
• Sales support collateral design and management (brochures, digital catalogs, etc.)
• Advertising and promotion strategy for all Brands
• BTB and BTC marketing strategy
What we’d love to see in you:
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Communications, Advertising, Marketing or related creative area; Master’s degree is a “big” Plus.
• 7+ years’ experience in design management or creative directing within the fast-moving consumer goods.
• Strong experience in both Product and Visual Design. Packaging, retail and/or POS design experience is a big bonus.
• Cross-team management experience. You’ll be working with many other principle stakeholders in the new product development area – Product development, Engineering/Manufacturing, Global Sourcing, and many others.
• Learning: curiosity and desire to always learn new skills are a must. You need to be enthusiastic about learning and adaptable to change, with the ability to graciously accept criticism.
• Technical / Design: good, working understanding of common design software platforms: Photoshop, Illustrator, Rhino, CAD.
• Excellent creative writing skills. Big part of our marketing is to tell a great story.
• Travel: We keep a close eye on the international design trade fairs in Europe that are both directly and loosely related to our category. Annually, we also visit Asia to attend fairs and visit our suppliers and their factories.
Please send a cover letter describing why you would like to work with us to: firstname.lastname@example.org Include the position “Creative Director” in the subject line. Include resume and portfolio samples with a small selection of your best work. Resumes without work samples will not be considered. PDF, web link, PowerPoint, Word documents and JPGs are preferred. Please limit submissions to 5mb.
Thank you for your interest and best of luck with your application!
• Competitive pay structure: base, and bonus potential
• 401K plan with a match
• Medical insurance and additional health benefits
• Paid time off and paid holidays throughout the calendar year
• Gym membership at RDV
• Paid ongoing training and education
• Unlimited potential for growth and promotions within the organization
View us at:
LiveTrends Company Video
LiveTrends is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors, or any other protected categories protected by federal, state, or local laws.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
LiveTrends does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or any other vendor services. Any unsolicited resumes will be considered property of LiveTrends and no fee will be paid in the event of a hire.