CREATIVE DIRECTOR, CHINA
START: JULY 2019, BASED IN SHANGHAI
Our Shanghai studio is searching for a creative leader to drive our development in the fast-paced Greater China region. In this role, you will manage our team of designers, guide them and support their development following our deeply rooted Scandinavian design values and methods, while developing a wide range of product, visual, brand and communication projects. You will also work along with account associates and clients to make sure that all needs are met. Jointly with the Group’s Global Design Director, you will be the final creative authority.
You are a strong individual, passionate about design, creativity and innovation. You are persuasive and comfortable making presentations in front of clients or at conferences and events. You care about making valuable contributions to the world and forging tools for the future.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Motivate and influence creative team to attain for excellence in performance.
• Establish and manage schedules and creative strategy for projects to make sure
timely quality delivery.
• Work closely with clients’ engineers, model makers as well as sales and marketing teams.
Direct, mentor and supervise the creative team.
• Lead the design development process, brainstorming sessions and oversee modelmaking.
• Contribute to tactical and strategic decisions in terms of ongoing and potential projects.
• Work closely with the business development team to advice on cost and budget proposals.
• Present material to clients and guide clients through the design and development process.
• Attend meetings with potential clients and provide general business development and account management support.
• Draft design briefs and statements of work.
• Develop mood boards.
• Produce final presentation material to be presented to clients.
• Review performance, direction and development of the local creative team.
• Evaluate career applications as well as perform interviews and be part of hiring process.
• Deliver speeches and lectures relating to the company and/or specific projects.
• Represent Jacob Jensen Design at fairs, workshops, media events or other gatherings.
• Work collaboratively with the global design team.
DESIRED PROFESSIONAL SKILLSET:
• Proficiency on design-specific software such as CAD, rendering software as well as Adobe Creative Suite.
• Advanced sketching and modelmaking.
• Familiar with qualitative research processes.
• Proficient with principles of brand development, development and implementation of form languages and design DNA.
• Basic knowledge of production techniques and materials.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree in design or related area; Advanced degree is a plus.
• Minimum of 3 years of prior relevant working experience.
• Experience in both product and visual design is desired. Knowledge of service design
is a great advantage.
• A combined experience between creative consultancy role and in-house design for well established brands is preferable.
• Superior organizational, logistical and management skills are a must.
• Excellent communication capabilities and possess hawk-eye attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, team-player and passion for developing people.
• Proactive, self-sufficient and problem-solver.
• Native-level command of English. Proficiency in Chinese is an advantage but not a requirement.
• A challenging environment where you will be responsible to shape how the Shanghai studio leads Chinese companies and brands into the global marketplace
• You will be one of the great contributors and enablers to China’s transformation from “Made in China” to “Created in China”
• A rewarding role where you will be exposed to the entire process of developing globally appealing, award-winning and iconic products
• A fair and equitable company culture where everybody is credited for their work
• International cross-office inspiration trips
• A professional, casual and flexible working environment
• Joining Scandinavia’s oldest and most award-winning design studio
ABOUT JACOB JENSEN DESIGN:
We are Scandinavia’s oldest and among the most award-winning design consultancies. With over sixty years of insight into design, innovation, communication, sustainability and technology, we provide a wide range of creative services that energize the brands of our clients and partners, helping them become leaders in their industry. We are committed to influence positive change through innovative and strategically sound design solutions.
Established in Copenhagen in 1958, today we have studios in Hejlskov, Shanghai and Bangkok.
Find more information at www.jacobjensendesign.com
International applications are welcome!
If you match our job description, please send your CV together with your portfolio and motivation letter