Home Décor Collections Industrial Designer/Curator: Job Description
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, creative and solution-driven Home Décor Industrial Designer/Curator. The right person is a passionate creative who has a great eye for Home Décor and Accessories and who loves to source, curate and develop large product portfolios. A healthy interest in horticulture and floriculture is important and a finger on the pulse of current and future design trends is essential. Based upon a clear project brief from our retail partners, this position’s main goal is to deliver unique, desirable, collections of products that fit each of their specific needs. The role encompasses the full spectrum of the New Product Development process from competitor benchmarking, through concept development, to supplier costing and manufacture.
The position responsibilities include developing strong relationships with LiveTrends Account Managers and our retail and wholesale customers, discovering their needs, curating solutions, preparing design presentations and pitching the collections. You will also responsible for answering client inquiries, working with them on custom solutions, and identifying new business opportunities among existing and new product portfolios.
This position reports into the Creative Director.
• Immersion into LT (and external) Trend Forecasting reports.
• Interpret those reports in order to successfully design and curate customer specific product collections.
• Clearly communicate the collection/design intent to our customers and suppliers for successful implementation, at target cost.
• Review and update product samples in partnership with our suppliers (internal and external)
• Identify opportunities to better merchandise our items, with our customers, and clearly brief the design department as to what is required.
• Research into the competitive landscape, past, present and future in order to build a convincing strategy for each portfolio.
• Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer specific account managers.
• Attend meetings with customers for product collection briefings and in turn develop collection presentations.
• Attend selected design trade shows in order to remain creatively current/relevant.
• Attend selected sourcing trade shows (Canton Fair annually, in particular) to maintain a rich and constant source of contemporary items to source.
• Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships at a personal level as a trusted creative advisor.
• Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our collections as per customer needs and objectives.
• Work closely with all product development stakeholders as and when required.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Ability to serve as a role model and uphold the LiveTrends Vision, Mission, and Values.
• Passion for design, fashion, and home décor.
• Creativity and solution-driven way of thinking
• Clear understanding of Mass Marketing, Big Box, E-Commerce Retail and Consumer Goods.
• Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Excellent ability to manage complexity.
• Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Design, Arts, Communications, Advertising, Marketing or related creative area; Master’s degree is a big plus.
• 5+ years’ experience within the professional design and creative arena.
• Strong experience in design and development within one (or some) of the following industries: Product, Interior, Fashion, Visual Design. Packaging, retail and/or POS design experience is a big bonus.
• Cross-team management experience. You’ll be working with many other principle stakeholders in the new product development area – Product development, Engineering/Manufacturing, Global Sourcing, and many others.
• Learning: curiosity and desire to always learn new skills are a must. You need to be enthusiastic about learning and adaptable to change, with the ability to graciously accept criticism.
• Technical / Design: good, working understanding of common design software platforms: Photoshop, Illustrator, selected CAD, among others
• Excellent creative writing skills. A big part of our sales and marketing is to tell a great story.
• Ability to travel as required: We keep a close eye on the international design trade fairs in Europe that are both directly and loosely related to our category. Annually, we also visit Asia to attend fairs and visit our suppliers and their factories.
Ability to learn, be creative, and deliver truly beautiful products to millions of consumers
Through proven success, motivation, and teamwork, potential for growth and promotions within the organization
Please send a cover letter describing why you would like to work with us to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include the position “Industrial Designer/Curator” in the subject line. Include resume and portfolio samples with a small selection of your best work. Resumes without work samples will not be considered. PDF, web link, PowerPoint, Word documents and JPGs are preferred. Please limit submissions to 5mb.
Thank you for your interest and best of luck with your application!
View us at:
LiveTrends is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors, or any other protected categories protected by federal, state, or local laws.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
LiveTrends does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or any other vendor services. Any unsolicited resumes will be considered property of LiveTrends and no fee will be paid in the event of a hire.
Disclaimer: We do not Advertise, Recruit nor Hire via Google Hangout. We do not request confidential information via email.