Founded in 2015 by James Melia, blond is a strategy-led, London-based, creative studio — currently ranked as the number-one design studio across America and Europe by the prestigious Red Dot awards.
We create physical products, spaces and experiences for a range of clients; both large and small, from world-leading brands to ambitious and disruptive start-ups. We offer these partners the full package, including; industrial design, graphics, branding, UX and UI, packaging and visualisation (CGI).
We are looking for three Design Interns to join our fast-growing team.
You will be an integral part of the studio and be exposed to all aspects of a design project, being involved in every stage of the process, from research to strategy, ideation to visualisation. As an intern, you will be expected to support projects, marketing/PR, administrative and studio tasks.
- Support studio staff on task-based assignments (design, marketing, administrative or general studio-related)
- Participation in ideation sessions
- Engage in desktop and field research
- Support strategic design thinking
- Support projects, including sketching, CAD, visualisation and presentation creation
- Support marketing, social media and PR in the creation of visual and media assets
- Shadow client meetings and presentations
Skills and Attributes (required)
- Some experience working in a professional environment
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Eagerness to become part of a tight-knit team and a brand advocate
- Creativity and innovation-focused
- Strong CAD skills; must include Rhino (3D) and Adobe (2D)
- Strong Keyshot skills
- Able to present work beautifully, with clarity
- Confident communicator
- Willingness to learn and support other staff members
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are required
- Interest in working in a fast-paced design consultancy environment
- Strong knowledge of design and a passion for it
- Able to work in the UK
Skills and Attributes (beneficial)
- Able to start immediately
- Bachelor\\\'s degree in Industrial/Product Design
- Ability to speak a language other than English
- Knowledge of Solidworks and 3Ds Max (+Vray)
Six months, full-time (09.00 - 18.00, Mon - Fri). August 2023 to January 2024.
London Living Wage
How to Apply
Please note, applications that do not follow these steps will not be reviewed:
- Send a PDF copy of your CV and portfolio to [email protected]
- Please title the email: Blond Design Intern Aug 23 - Jan 24
- No Issuu or web-based portfolios, please.
- PDF portfolio should be no larger than 15MB
- No need to create a cover letter; please introduce yourself via email
- Within the introduction email, please clearly state your availability
- Application deadline: 28th July 2023, 17.00 (BST)
Please note: due to the high volume of applications, we will only be able to reply to successful candidates