We are looking for a Design Research Intern to join us this summer at our design studio in Edgewater, NJ. As a Design Research Intern you will collaborate with other designers, researchers, engineers, and clients to facilitate human-centered innovation across a wide range of projects.
You will have the chance to do hands-on work with an exceptional team on real client projects. As an integral part of the team, you will help lead the product strategy by delivering insights, facilitating workshops, and energizing teams.
Who you are:
- A hybrid who can go between immersive research in the field to rapid prototyping in the studio.
- A critical thinker who can make connections between in-field observations, artifacts, and cultural trends.
- A designer at heart with an understanding of how to transform complex products and interactions into intuitive, simple, and satisfying experiences.
- Experienced with user research methods applied to design such as ethnography, interviews, product and prototype testing.
- Effective at communicating research findings in visually compelling and straightforward ways.
- A team player who works well under pressure.
- Curious and excited about investigating the relationship between people and objects.
- Holding or pursuing a degree in one or more of the following: Product/Industrial Design, Anthropology/Sociology, Human Factors/HCI, Communication Design, or a related field.
- Competent in software such as Solidworks, Rhino, or other 3D CAD software.
This is a full-time, paid internship, which requires travel to P9’s design studio in Edgewater NJ, and will be 3-4 months in duration depending on intern’s availability.
Applicants must be either U.S. citizens or hold valid student/work visas.