Because 80% of the information needed to practice sports comes from our Vision!
Does preserving and improving the VISION for sports resonate with you?
Are you empathetic, curious and creative? Do you like to think outside the box?!
Then this job is for you!
The company DECATHLON asserts now more than ever, its desire to always serve sportsmen(women) with products that are more attractive, eco-friendly and accessible to the greatest number of users.
In this context, the DECATHLON OPTICS team, whose activity is dedicated to optical products (sunglasses and innovative vision solutions), is looking to expand.
We are looking for a designer with experience (at least 5 years), who has had both successes and failures in sectors such as: electronics, eyewear, automotive design or transport design.
You will integrate into a multidisciplinary team made up of experts in the industrial process of designing sports glasses.
- With the project team, you define the needs of use and build the offer. You will be in direct contact with the product manager of your customer portfolio. They can be based in Lille, Sallanches, Hendaye or Cestas.
- You imagine, draw and design optical products by responding to functional and emotional needs of our sports users’.
- You participate in field tests alongside users to observe their habits and needs and to test products in order to improve them.
- You go to the factory to improve and optimize your products according to manufacturing constraints.
- With the sport brands, you define the design language, the colorama, the textures and the upscaling of the optical products to have a coherent panoply.
- Trained in Industrial Design, you have a real affinity for product design and eco-design.
- You know the plastic injection process.
- You are versatile and have mastered Illustrator. You know how to model your first idea and 3Dprint it.
- You are recognized for your ability to listen and enjoy working in a team.
- You are dynamic and enjoy challenges.
- You show autonomy and are daring. You know how to share your ideas and defend your convictions.
- You are mobile, traveling in France and going abroad does not scare you.
- You are passionate about sports.
- English comes easily to you.
- Project management