Founded in 2015 by James Melia, Blond is an award-winning, strategy-led, London-based, creative studio that believes in conscious design. We work globally across many industries, including; technology, furniture, sustainable design, consumer electronics and consumer goods.
We create physical products, spaces and experiences for a range of clients; both large and small, from the world-leading brands to ambitious and disruptive start-ups. We offer these partners the full package, to include; industrial design, graphics, branding, UX and UI, packaging and visualisation (CGI).
We are looking for a Senior Industrial Designer to join our fast-growing team.
**Ideally, we are seeking a candidate who is able to start immediately**
You will be an integral part of the studio and be exposed to all aspects of a design project, being involved in every stage of the process, from research to strategy, ideation to visualization. As a senior, you will also be expected to lead projects and manage client relationships.
- Leading a small team
of juniors and mid-weight staff
- Participation in ideation sessions
- Engage in, and management of; desktop and field research
- Strategic design thinking
- Managing projects including schedule, resources, deliverables, and reviews
- CAD, visualization and presentation creation
- Client meetings and correspondence
Skills and Attributes (required)
- At least five years' industry experience.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Eagerness to become part of a tight-knit team and a brand advocate
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Creativity and innovation-focused
- Exceptional CAD skills; must include Rhino (3D) and Adobe (2D)
- Strong 3Ds Max + Vray skills
- Able to present work beautifully, with clarity
- Great communicator and confident communicating with clients
- Willingness to teach and support other staff members
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are required
- A strong understanding of design for manufacture
- Interest to work across multiple sectors
- Excellent knowledge of design
- Passionate about design
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial/Product Design
- Able to work in the UK
Skills and Attributes (beneficial)
- Able to start immediately.
- Ability to speak a language other than English.
- Knowledge of Solidworks and Keyshot
- Willing to occasionally travel for client meetings
- A love for dogs (we have a studio labrador)
In response to the current situation, our studio is adapting accordingly. We will manage the hiring process remotely, with video call interviews for the selected candidates. We are also aiming to move to a larger office which will give every employee more space in order to maintain social distances at work.
How to Apply
Please note, applications that do not follow these steps will not be reviewed:
- Send a PDF copy of your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please title the email: Blond Senior Designer August 2020
- No Issuu or web-based portfolios, please.
- PDF portfolio should be no larger than 15MB.
- No need to create a cover letter, please introduce yourself via email.
- Please clearly state your salary expectations within the email.
- Within the introduction email, please clearly state your availability
- Application deadline: 12th August 2020
Please note: due to the high volume of applications, we will only be able to reply to successful candidates.
Please submit applications using the 'apply' link below or via email.