DesignTalent is working with a leading global design and manufacturer to help them find Lead Industrial Designers for their offices in India.
We are looking for someone who can utilise their Industrial Design / Product Design skills to manage a category and lead complex design projects, from concept through to implementation.
You will be leading new product development and have the ability to apply new approaches to concept development and research, so experience working across different design phases, from research to manufacture is essential.
You need to be able to understand the consumer and apply user insights to help drive design, development and business objectives. Maintaining an interest in the consumer and competitor landscape is essential in documenting design trends within international markets.
You will have an understanding of materials and be familiar with various manufacturing processes, as you will be working alongside engineers and technologists. You will have experience developing relationships and maintaining schedules, internally and externally.
Your background will cover Product design or Industrial design, which may include elements of Furniture, Kitchenware or Bathroom projects, or even Spatial/Interior design projects.
This company designs and delivers creative solutions for different environments with an appreciation of material quality and detailing.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Be a creative thinker
- Passionate about customer-led design
- Be able to work in and lead a multi skilled team, so you need to be a good communicator
- Have a positive attitude to work, with the ability to inspire a team
- Have experience in Product design or Industrial design, or related field i.e. interior architecture
- You will have 6 - 10 years experience
- Language skills: English and fluency in Hindi, Panjabi or Urdu required