We’re Loop. And we make earplugs. Not the cheap, yellow, airplane kind – the iconic, sound-enhancing kind. The kind that changes lives. The kind that give people the freedom to lose themselves in every moment. At their volume – and their own style.
And you? Well, we’re hoping you’ll be our new Industrial Design Director. The one to lead a team of crazy-talented industrial designers and style specialists, with a razor-sharp eye on the aesthetics and style of our products and campaigns.
Your management skills are on point
The way you inspire and lead your team of growing designers is damn cool. So much so that you’re known for jumping into team meetings with your “light-bulb moments”, such as a quick sketch or a bit of creative insight. Which makes you a star leader. Your team of industrial designers and style specialists will be leading the way with our seasonal launches, special editions and co-branded products, so when it comes to making sure everything’s up to scratch, you make sure you’re on it.
You’re a pro at improving processes and current ways of working in a positive and proactive way - inspiring the team as you go. Managing budgets and planning? You’ve got it down. You know that organization and structure makes for a stronger, more productive team that gets more results.
Your flair for design wins us over
You’re a creative, design obsessed artist, who has honed their craft to have ultra confidence and pride in their work. Making you the legend we’re all raving about. That’s why we trust you to work alongside the engineering manager and product management team to guard the quality of design in all product stages. In fact, you’re such a design guru that we know you’re going to take on and implement the improvements in existing products – all because you stay up-to-date with the latest developments and trends.
You’re a perfectionist, with crazy attention to detail
You’re all about making sure things are ‘just right’. And your awesome communication skills have a big part in making it happen. You liaise with the marketing and design teams to make sure that deadlines of product development are right on track.
You take charge of our product design guidelines, making sure that all Loop products are in line with the same look and feel. You’re a master at reviewing the designer’s work to ensure exceptional quality on all design projects – whilst maintaining brand consistency to boot. And when you hit challenges along the way, you handle them like a pro with determination and motivation.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the growing Design Team, existing of industrial designers, focusing on the aesthetic of new products and style specialists, focusing on seasonal launches, special editions, and cobranded products.
- Develop a strong team of amazing industrial designers and style specialists.
- Be an inspiration to the design team and trigger them by a quick sketch or creative insight. And guide them in a strong approach to design top products in a structured way.
- In new product development projects you’ll be closely working with the product management and engineering manager as an executive team, guarding the quality of the design in all the project stages.
- In the style projects you’ll be closely working together with the brand manager and art director in making Loop a lifestyle brand by guarding the quality of all special launches.
- Improve product development processes internally by implementing or improving our way of working.
- In charge of the product design guidelines and bible, safeguarding the look and feel of all Loop products. An extra challenge here is that 99% of our sales are internationally based.
- Review the designers’ work to ensure high quality on all design projects.
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects.
- Liaise with marketing and design teams to ensure deadlines of product development are met.
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and trends.
- Improve the design of existing products.
- Control budgets and lead planning.
How you’ll do it:
- +12 years of experience in Industrial Product Design within the consumer goods industry
- At least 4 years of experience scaling, leading and developing teams
- Premium brand experience required
- Degree in Industrial Design, Design or Product Development
- Fluent in English
- You can work one day a week at our office in Antwerp – the rest of the week the location choice is yours
Why join us?
- We’re Belgium’s fastest-growing technology company (according to Deloitte - awarded October 2022), and we want you to grow and improve alongside us.
- Our culture? We’re all about enabling growth by giving our team full autonomy to manage their own projects, be a thought leader, and truly make an impact on the company.
- We take care of our people. So, we pay them what they’re worth. Expect a competitive pay in the top 20% of the market rate for your level of experience and potential.
- Also: Senegal. The location of our last team building… just saying. Previous years spent in Iceland & Malta.
- Flexibility: For us, hybrid and flexible working is all about trust. And we trust you to get on with your job, so there’ll be no micromanaging or peeking over your shoulder from us.
- Benefits: Our benefits are all aimed towards looking after your health, and enabling you to live life to the fullest. So everything from health insurance and pension savings to lunch vouchers, cruising credits and the latest tools is covered.