Reports to: Design Lead/Company President
Employment Status: Part time or Full time
Core Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:30pm. Hours are subject to change based on customer demands
FLSA Status: Exempt
The purpose of this position is to assist the primary package designer to cut and assemble samples. Additional assistance to produce innovative and high-quality package designs. Attention to detail and ability to produce design specs with little or no notice on time are a key requirement for this position.
- Fulfill prototype/sample requests.
- Responsible for entering and maintaining QPI spec database.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to ensure your part of overall design is completed on time.
- Responsible for producing initial prototype samples using Kongsberg cutting table.
- Ability to modify work schedule based on customer demand.
- Assist in maintaining and updating design center project list.
- Responsible for following and enforcing QPI safety policy and procedure.
- Must have working knowledge of Artios CAD. Knowledge of SolidWorks is a plus.
- The ability to perform math with an emphasis on Geometry.
- Must be a self starter and be able to prioritize with little direction
- Must exhibit the following competencies:
- Job Knowledge: Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills. Keeps abreast of current developments. Requires minimal supervision. Displays understanding of how job relates to others. Uses resources effectively.
- Quantity of Work: Meets productivity standards. Completes work in a timely manner. Strives to increase productivity. Achieves established goals.
- Quality of Work: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to use sound judgment, utilizing QPI procedures and policies, when making decisions.
- Communication: Expresses ideas and thoughts clearly, both verbally and in written form. Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Keeps team adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Dependability: Responds to request from supervisor and team. Follows instructions, responds to senior management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions. Commits to doing the best job possible. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines.
- Teamwork: Establishes and maintains effective relations. Exhibits tact, consideration, and openness to others’ views. Balances team and individual responsibility. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit and puts success of team above own interests.
- Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving work. Develops innovation approaches and ideas.
- Initiative: Volunteers readily, undertakes self-development activities and seeks increased responsibilities. Takes independent actions and calculated risks. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities.
- Planning and Organization: Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently. Sets goals and objectives.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands. Accepts criticism and feedback. Changes approach on method to best fit situation.
- Project Management: Develops project plans, coordinates projects, communicates changes and progress. Completes projects on time and budget.
- Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process. Makes timely decisions.
- Cost Consciousness: Works within approved budget, conserves organizational resources. Develops and implements cost saving measures. Contributes to profits and revenue.
2-4 year degree specializing in Industrial/Product Design
This position is routinely required to work in an environment that is moderately noisy.
This position is required to stand and walk up to 1/2 of the time. This position is required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or touch more than 1/2 of the time. This position does require the individual to lift up to 20 lbs. Close vision, as well as the ability to adjust focus are required to perform this position.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.