DITA Eyewear, an international luxury fashion eyewear company based in Orange County, seeks to hire an Eyewear Designer position working for a premium luxury eyewear brand with a heritage of fashion forward design and craftsmanship. The ideal candidate will have an eye for fashion forward trends and a passion for luxury goods. As an eyewear designer, you should have a basic sense of materials, construction, technologies and manufacturing to create innovative sunglass and optical eyewear designs. As an eyewear designer, you will leverage experience to help shape core form languages and provide compelling functional ideation.
The eyewear designer will maintain inherent knowledge of surrounding trends, brands, product technologies, & development. The eyewear designer will work as part of a design team that prides itself on being multitalented and flexible. The eyewear designer will work within a company culture that is team oriented, fast paced, passionate, fun and humorous.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develops compelling design proposals of products of varying complexity and designs themes that show a vision for the future of the brand
· Creates compelling sketches that show a vision for the future the brand for sunglasses and optical eyewear.
· Works with engineers to come up with design and engineering solutions that serve the design vision and also fit with the engineering constraints.
· Has the ability to translate 2D sketch ideas to 3D digital models
· Experience designing eyewear
· Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design/Engineering or related field
· Technical knowledge of prototyping, manufacturing, and assembly processes as it relates to eyewear
· Ability to provide a portfolio/body of work that demonstrates conceptual thinking and execution on premium environments and experiential spaces
· High level of skill taking 2D sketches to 3D modeling
· Engaging presenter, able to story tell around a given concept, and sell in big ideas
· Strong sketch/render, visual communications and presentation skills
· Self-motivated and able to manage multiple parallel-path projects
· Demonstrated ability to deliver successful designs under tight timing constraints
· Excellent at creating and maintaining cross-functional working relationships
· Demonstrates the strong ability to design details and detect minor flaws
· Stays current on major aesthetic trends and be able to articulate them clearly
· Basic understandings of consumer groups or be open to research
DITA is one of the few remaining major independent eyewear companies. Founded in 1995, the brand has a cult-like following and is a must-have accessory for many celebrities, professional athletes, and fashion bloggers. The company has experienced explosive growth in recent years and is now sold by over 2,000 retail partners worldwide which include some of the world’s most exclusive optical shops, fashion boutiques and department stores. We also currently have four flagship stores in some of the most desirable shopping destinations and plans to open at least ten more in the near future. DITA now has more than 120 employees in the United States, Europe, and Asia. DITA has also grown its portfolio of brands to six, with plans to add additional brands in the near future.
WHY WORK FOR DITA?
DITA is innovative and fast-paced company with a unique, close-knit culture. We value and promote teamwork and cross-functional collaboration. Creativity is highly encouraged and team members are given freedom to experiment within their roles. DITA offers competitive compensation and benefits. There are opportunities for rapid career advancement for talented and highly motivated individuals.
DITA is an equal opportunity employer. DITA’s policy is not to discriminate, nor allow any employee to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, including veterans and disabled veterans.