LAYER is an innovative and creative strategic design agency, led by Benjamin Hubert, delivering experience driven design for both the physical and digital worlds across the globe. We are currently seeking a freelance Rhino CAD Modeller or Computational Designer with strong Grasshopper capabilities to join our growing London studio to start immediately. The successful candidate will be able to deliver complex and easily adaptable algorithmic geometry across 3D surfaces.
Who we are
LAYER is a fast-growing studio that partners with the world’s most forward-thinking brands – including Nike, Samsung, Braun, BMW, Fritz Hansen, and Herman Miller. We create products that will help define the way we live, work, travel and communicate in the future, from smart wearables and furniture systems, to the next generation of media and communication devices. Visit http://layerdesign.com/ to see some of our recent award-winning projects.
What we offer
• A progressive approach to personal development and growth within the studio; we encourage all team members to take ownership over projects and to pursue ongoing learning.
• We work globally with some of the most exciting brands in the world. Team members have the opportunity to attend international client meetings and design fairs.
• We encourage a strong team culture at LAYER, which includes regular team social events.
• Our team is a close-knit, highly talented and international, comprising people from the UK, Portugal, Germany, France, Sweden, India, US and Australia.
• Our contemporary studio space is a 3,500 square foot warehouse in the heart of east London designed by LAYER, and featuring a range of flexible working and socialising zones. We are in close proximity to public transport (overground, tube and bus) and all the amenities of London Fields and Hackney.
Who we’re looking for
Our experience-driven approach to projects requires a diverse range of skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The role will enable the designer to have creative freedom and work with global brands from the studio in the heart of Hackney, London.
Fluency in English is a prerequisite – other languages beneficial.
A minimum of two years industry experience is essential.
Applicants should ensure that work samples demonstrate delivery of well resolved, algorithm-driven parametric designs.
• Design development; 3D (3D modelling and rendering)
• Rhino (with advanced Grasshopper)
Please include all of the following. If any part of the application is missing, your application will not be considered.
1. Email a cover letter, cv and portfolio to [email protected]
2. Please write ‘Grasshopper Freelance Application’ in your subject for the email and address the email to Nick Goodwill.
3. All attachments must be in PDF format and in total under 3MB
4. We are not looking for architects or interior designers at this time.
5. Due to the volume of applications we can only reply to successful candidates – please do not follow up your application by email or phone; rest assured we review all portfolios received and will contact all applicants that fit our needs.